nicowolf1992
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 9
Firmware Version:WW_32.2050.2050.29
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: sometimes
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Sometimes the data connection over 4G seems to have connection, because it says it is connected to 4G or 4G+, but i have no internet (geen internet). On the top right of the first screenshot you can see I have full connection.
This problem occured after the last update i got OTA.
Haven't changed any settings whatsoever.
These are my settings, i live in the Netherlands.
screenshot-20221116-071341-chrome.jpg
screenshot-20221116-071451-settings.jpg
screenshot-20221116-071500-settings.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

nicowolf1992
Star I
After some further investigation, it seems to be a bug in the data warning / data limit. Although i have not passed any of these limits, they seem to block the data. When i turn these functions off, the problem seems to have been solved.
The thing that got me thinking about the possible bug in these settings was the fact that i had used exactly 1,00 GB since the start of the cycle. That number seemed to nicely rounded to be real.
My warning limit and data limit were set to 11 GB, while my actual data plan is 12GB. Maybe that caused the problem..

nicowolf1992
Star I
Today i had the same problem again. In between the new firmware update came in (Version:WW_32.2050.2050.34).This time the following worked for me:
I changed the internet settings (voorkeursnetwerktype) to 2G/3G/4G instead of 2G/3G/4G/5G.
My carrier doesn't support 5G anyway, so this solution will work for the time being.
If i re-encounter an issue, i will report it here.
screenshot-20221117-112644-settings-281-29.jpg

Mattias_ASUS
Hello @nicowolf1992 !
I am forwarding this to the R&D team so they can take a look at this 🙂

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.