Hyuni
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 6
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2209.197
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: From Beginning of Purchase
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): No
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just got this phone yesterday, It charges fine through an outlet but the USB-C Does not charge at all for the pc, i've tried multiple ports (2 on USB-C for my pc) as well as a new charging cord.
I have tried entering safe mode, and following the steps on another forum post regarding trouble shooting, nothing works,
It does not charge through the PC At All.

Any clues?
3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ASUS firmwares are so buggy when you want to use something other than the ASUS protocol that it's not surprising.
To diagnose if it's due to a hardware failure or the software of the battery (which does not use the ASUS firmware) you have to turn off the smartphone when it has -100% battery, 50-70 for example then that you connect it to a USB-C 3 port of the PC.
Be careful to use a high quality cable capable of charging at least 30w, 45, 65, 100w is better.
You check the charge after 30min or 1h
Take note of the phone's charge before-after and the specifications of the PC's usb-c port and the Rog charging time off, this will allow you to know if it has charged in 500mAh, 1A (= ROG 6 defective) or + PPD/ PS (30w) ok so Firmware ASUS buggy

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
On some pc, you can set usb 3 charging on or off in bios. Also need a charging cable, no data cable.
Im able to charge it with wall outlet, pc and powerbank.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.