This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Bug Report] Missing actions in Smart Key settings

Lambaste
Rising Star I
Certain actions such as flashlight and camera actions are limited to specific key-press combinations of the smart key.
For instance, I can't select any camera actions for the the double-press combination. Similarly, no flashlight for the press and hold combination.
All actions should be available for all combinations.
I'm on the .194 firmware.
7 REPLIES 7

Lambaste
Rising Star I
That's a weak argument. One could say the same about the mute/silence toggle and practically every other action.

Lambaste
Rising Star I
That's a weak argument. You could say the same about the actions too (you set the single tap combo to toggling the silent/mute mode and something in your bag/pocket triggers it all, causing you to miss all your calls).

Nanni
Star III
Yes but muting your Phone doesn't kill your battery power and life like flashlight does.

Lambaste
Rising Star I
Nanni

Yes but muting your Phone doesn't kill your battery power and life like flashlight does.

View post
Uh, sure but some would argue that missing important calls is far more important. I don't understand why people are defending this oversight. The arguments about accidental activation are quite a stretch - The power and volume buttons can fall under the same category too. Ultimately, the user should have the option to choose a combination that works best for them. Limiting them artificially like it's currently done only serves to negatively affect the usability of said feature.
@Anders_ASUS Could you please chip in?