System: Windows 11 64-bit Home
Battery or AC: 180W
Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Provided Below
========================
Detailed description:
Please see this user's post with the identical issue: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63149/asus-fa506iu-144hz-display-not-working-after-bios-320-u...

I am experiencing identical issues with my ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU with the exact same cause, BIOS update 320, which has made my device borderline unusable. I have found the identical solutions this user found apply temporary solutions, such as the laptop display only working when connected to an external display, and only when setting the refresh rate to 60Hz rather than 144Hz.
I was n the picture attached, you can see that without attaching any external monitor, the display only has the top few rows of pixels displaying, and it isn't necessarily the actual displayed picture (it might just be white pixels).looking to submit this to the support portal provided by ASUS, however the device is out of warranty now, and they won't let me submit it without incurring a diagnosis fee. I find it ridiculous that I would be charged for an issue that was caused by the BIOS provided by ASUS (effectively planned/triggered obsolescence).
Any advice you all can provide me regarding who to contact for this would be greatly appreciated- again, I'm not the only one experiencing this problem due to BIOS update 320, and nothing seems to be resolving it. It would've been better for ASUS to not ship BIOS 320, as my laptop would at least be operable.
Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

ben65
Star I
My ASUS is on its way back. I have not received any feedback.
@Falcon_ASUS If you have access to repair center report, the case ID is NLA1NA3013

Falcon_ASUS
ben65

My ASUS is on its way back. I have not received any feedback.

@Falcon_ASUS If you have access to repair center report, the case ID is NLA1NA3013

View post
@ben65
I have checked your case, the repair center does solve the problem by replacing the screen.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ben65
Star I
I received my PC back today
1/ In addition to LCD, repair center has replaced keyboard. As justification: "top/bottom case hinge screw thread holes broken"
My question: Is ASUS providing appropriate tools to its engineers: I mean better tools than lever and hammer?
2/ SSD has been totally erased. I have lost both Windows 11 and Linux partitions. Even " ASUS Recovery feature" is no more available.
My question: How can I restore my Windows? How to get back my licence?
Conclusion: never send your PC to ASUS repair center!

Falcon_ASUS
ben65

I received my PC back today

1/ In addition to LCD, repair center has replaced keyboard. As justification: "top/bottom case hinge screw thread holes broken"

My question: Is ASUS providing appropriate tools to its engineers: I mean better tools than lever and hammer?

2/ SSD has been totally erased. I have lost both Windows 11 and Linux partitions. Even " ASUS Recovery feature" is no more available.

My question: How can I restore my Windows? How to get back my licence?

Conclusion: never send your PC to ASUS repair center!

View post
@ben65
Could you please refer to the following to confirm whether the recovery option exists?
[Gaming NB/Gaming DT] MyASUS in WinRE Factory Restore Settings Introduction (ASUS Recovery) | Offici...

ben65
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237217#Comment_237217

@ben65

Could you please refer to the following to confirm whether the recovery option exists?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041621/

View post
Yes, I have followed instructions. The option MyASUS in WinRE was not present.
So, I have choosen Reset PC: Windows 10 has been re-installed and updated. Afterwards, I have installed MyASUS and applied all required patches. It looks stable for now.