System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook UX482EA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Impossible
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello guys.
So that's quite the unique issue I'm facing right now. I was using my laptop when it randomly shut down. When I tried to turn it back on, the power light turned on but the laptop didn't react at all.

And that's when the truly weird stuff happened. Basically, the power light is constantly on, unless I press the power button for roughly 15-20 seconds, then it will turn off until I release the button. Whenever I release the button it seems like the laptop tries to turn on automatically (to no avail).

Sometimes, another situation happens. The power light turns off, and pressing the button won't change anything. I then have to plug the laptop for to, again, turn on automatically.

I can't explain how, but after hours and countless trials, the laptop turned on for a minute only to shut down once again and go back to the aforementioned situation.

I know it sounds really unclear, but it's hard to put words on what's happening. Anyways, I'd appreciate if you could give me some tips and things to try.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jpfwbw
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Zenbook UX482EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Impossible
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hello guys.

So that's quite the unique issue I'm facing right now. I was using my laptop when it randomly shut down. When I tried to turn it back on, the power light turned on but the laptop didn't react at all.

And that's when the truly weird stuff happened. Basically, the power light is constantly on, unless I press the power button for roughly 15-20 seconds, then it will turn off until I release the button. Whenever I release the button it seems like the laptop tries to turn on automatically (to no avail).

Sometimes, another situation happens. The power light turns off, and pressing the button won't change anything. I then have to plug the laptop for to, again, turn on automatically.

I can't explain how, but after hours and countless trials, the laptop turned on for a minute only to shut down once again and go back to the aforementioned situation.

I know it sounds really unclear, but it's hard to put words on what's happening. Anyways, I'd appreciate if you could give me some tips and things to try.

Thanks

UX482EA power light constantly on, but the device won't turn on
Go to bios, disconnect the charger, and let battery power completely drains off, let laptop switch off automatically.
disconnect all external devices from laptop.
now press and hold the power button for 120 seconds, after that release the button.
Leave for five minutes.
now connect the charger, and let's charge it for 30 minutes. Switch on the laptop login to windows and monitor battery power.
Open the command prompt application with administrator rights, type below lines
PowerCfg.exe /ENERGY -output C:\Energy_Report11-11-2022.html /duration 120
PowerCfg.exe /BATTERYREPORT -output C:\Battery_Report11-11-2022.html /duration 14

Share and upload .html files , paste shared link here

jpfwbw
Star I
Hello Raju,
Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, I can't even access the BIOS. Even though the power light is on, the laptop doesn't show any sign of life.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jpfwbw

Hello Raju,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, I can't even access the BIOS. Even though the power light is on, the laptop doesn't show any sign of life.

View post
that means still electrical discharged is not completed, that's why you getting issues.
So take your laptop to the nearest Asus service center.

jpfwbw
Star I
I will try this, thanks for your help.