zero5liters
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW-32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Hi,
has anybody tried to relock the bootloader?!
i was a little over hasty and unlocked my device. I thought (yeah, i didnt checked it ...) if asus is offering a unlocker, it should be no big deal to lock it again. (Just like Google)
But everything i found is for the ZF8, and all i found does not work on the ZF9.
It starts that there is no adb/sideload option in recovery nor have i found a custom recovery.
And every relock command in fastboot is not known by the fastboot environement of the ZF9...

The Support offered a fee-based relock.
But i think it's not right. Mainly because it should be no big deal, just the right command... It would be ok to offer the unlock and your warranty is gone and the device is flaged as opened. But with the option to relock and still warranty gone and flaged.
But for example - if you have the possibility to BYOD to your company - but have to load an Secure App or add your device to an MDM - it's impossible because most Software will block your device.
In the Agreement and so on it's not clear that you can not relock the device ....

So has anybody found a way?

thx in advance.
Matt

1 REPLY 1

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.