This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space edition heating, sleep/hibernate not working and auto login for the first power up.

bmcalex
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX5401ZAS Space edition
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: The laptop gets hot when I choose sleep mode or hibernate on both battery and plugin.
I tried to stop all unnecessary service including all ASUS service but no avail.
Actually sleep and hibernate is simply fake as the HDD LED still has activity and when I open the laptop lid it is instantly on even on hibernate.

Also when I power on the laptop for the very first time it login automatically to Windows although I have a finger print and a PIN password. This is a serious problem for me and it never happened with any laptop I had before.
I regret buying Zenbook space edition over the Apple M2 or even M1 mac.
I switched back to my old MacBook pro laptop till these issues are fixed or get rid of the laptop anytime soon.
21 REPLIES 21

Luthie
Star I
good day to all,
I think most of us product users of zenbook space edition are having the same issue of overheating. i have the same issue and just for 7 days after all the system and BIOS update, it was observed that it overheat with or without the battery plugged in.
I'll try to return it back to the Asus 😞

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.