kohfanghan
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 6 Pro
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2210.216
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: No 5G from the start
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

I'm using my phone in countries such as UAE, operator Etisalat with 5G NSA available on band 77 (3.4-3.6GHz). Same sim card was able to attach to 5G in iphone 13. But the same sim card is not able to attach to 5G on Asus ROG Phone 6 Pro.

And I also realized when I make calls, it is not on VoLTE which is definitely supported by the operator for other phones.

========================================

3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
istockphoto-516289214-612x612.jpg
from what i can see ASUS does not distribute or support any ROG Phone in the UAE, there is a high probability that there is no setting for 5G, or worse need an update 5G
So I think APN is not configured (it is empty on my ASUS reference sites)
Try to create an APN manually or modify it if you find an existing one called Etisalat or Etisalat Internet with the parameters of a compatible phone as below
https://apn.how/united-arab-emirates/etisalat/xiaomi/1665026490-mi-mix-3-5g

For VoLTE/VoWifi no chance, this must be an insulting or bad luck expression at ASUS, the progress of VOLTE compatibility is like this animal, the number of compatible operators is comparable to the numbers of these claws and the advancement of compatibility with other operators corresponds to the movement speed of this charming animal

kohfanghan
Star I
FunBike31

istockphoto-516289214-612x612.jpg

from what i can see ASUS does not distribute or support any ROG Phone in the UAE, there is a high probability that there is no setting for 5G, or worse need an update 5G

So I think APN is not configured (it is empty on my ASUS reference sites)

Try to create an APN manually or modify it if you find an existing one called Etisalat or Etisalat Internet with the parameters of a compatible phone as below

https://apn.how/united-arab-emirates/etisalat/xiaomi/1665026490-mi-mix-3-5g

For VoLTE/VoWifi no chance, this must be an insulting or bad luck expression at ASUS, the progress of VOLTE compatibility is like this animal, the number of compatible operators is comparable to the numbers of these claws and the advancement of compatibility with other operators corresponds to the movement speed of this charming animal

View post
Thanks for the suggestions. My APN by default is the same as in the post. However it doesn't help. Guess need ASUS to provide a solution through updates or something.

If VoLTE gonna be an issue, this phone can only be gaming phone when under Wi-Fi as calls coming in connectivity goes out 🥹

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.