This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG phone 2 bugs

Please make sure to fix these bugs:
* Fingerprint sensor doesn't work properly sometimes
* I'm unable to receive normal text messages (like OTP, verifications)
*Message app force closes Everytime
* Need an update for camera

48 REPLIES 48

Moises
Star II
SHEIKH AZHARUDDIN

Try a better sms app guys like Microsoft sms manager. With this app i was not receiving any notification. After allowing the app in auto start manager issue got resolved..please try once guys

View post
Not sure what happened to my last comment on trying this but I attempted this and it still didn't work. App does start but no texts can be received (always been able to send)

harshitlko
Star II
1. On turning off the call function to a connected bluetooth device like headset, smart watch, etc. the UI automatically shows it disconnected and the "connect" button does not work. The device remains connected but UI stops showing so in setting or notification bar.
2. Placeholder string when you search "about" in settings.
3. Red tint in notification shade at zero brightness for rog/classic theme in a very dark room is actually a thing. Please fix this.
4. Right air trigger has started flickering in-game and vibration strength varies throughout after the latest OTA update. COD Mobile is severely affected.
5. OTP messages are not received in apps like Key Messages, etc until it is resent.
6. It is a nightmare when cropping pictures from edges and is simply not possible if you have gestures enabled. One touch from the edge while cropping registers it as "back" command. While closing games it require multiple swipe-ins too and does not triggers often.
This phone might have been a hit but you will never have a returning buyer if you keep pushing bugs than patches via OTA. ROG Phone 3 is doomed if you don't tread carefully for your current users.
I AM REGRETTING MY PURCHASE. THIS PHONE WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF A STABLE ANDROID 10.

staradhish
Rising Star I
harshitlko

1. On turning off the call function to a connected bluetooth device like headset, smart watch, etc. the UI automatically shows it disconnected and the "connect" button does not work. The device remains connected but UI stops showing so in setting or notification bar.

2. Placeholder string when you search "about" in settings.

3. Red tint in notification shade at zero brightness for rog/classic theme in a very dark room is actually a thing. Please fix this.

4. Right air trigger has started flickering in-game and vibration strength varies throughout after the latest OTA update. COD Mobile is severely affected.

5. OTP messages are not received in apps like Key Messages, etc until it is resent.

6. It is a nightmare when cropping pictures from edges and is simply not possible if you have gestures enabled. One touch from the edge while cropping registers it as "back" command. While closing games it require multiple swipe-ins too and does not triggers often.

This phone might have been a hit but you will never have a returning buyer if you keep pushing bugs than patches via OTA. ROG Phone 3 is doomed if you don't tread carefully for your current users.

I AM REGRETTING MY PURCHASE. THIS PHONE WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF A STABLE ANDROID 10.

WLR5XDR369Z1.jpg

VLGZ3ZU5M905.jpg

View post
@Anders_ASUS could you please take a look and reply. People are facing OTP issues for past some time and I haven't seen any response from ASUS in any of the threads.

yamvmax
Star III
Anders_ASUS
  1. Set up a new profile for your finger. Make sure that you change your grip between every press. And then you make one more profile for the same finger so you get twice as many scans for your finger.
  2. You can receive all normal messages but not automatically sent messages?
  3. I haven't heard anyone else mentioning this. You could clear the storage in your message app too see if this fixes the crashing but it will also clear all messages. You can do this by long pressing the message app -> press on the app info icon -> storage & memory -> clear storage
  4. Why do you need an update?

View post
On #4 about the camera, is it flat out sucks. Z6 with same exact sensor takes way better pics.

jairo
Star III
This phone has many problems to be a phone of more than 600 dollars