This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Video Output with Aero Active Cooler 6 Installed (Upgrade/Downgrade)

charliemora2
Star II
Model Name: ROG Phone 6 PRO
Firmware Version: Stock Version
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: With Aero Active Cooler 6 attached
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
Firmware update needed to support HDMI video with the Aero Active Cooler 6 connected.
I am able to get a HDMI video signal out of both side and bottom USB-C port, however, the Aero Active Cooler 6 limits the USB-C ports functionality when installed and neither port supports HDMI video out.
During the "ROG Phone 6 Launch Event" it was Specifically stated @ 55:48 that the side port supported HDMI out and there was No disclaimer or Fine Print on the screen, that this function is disabled with the Aero Active Cooler 6 installed. Since there are no side pins on the ROG Phone 6 like its predecessor models the through port on the cooler might not be able to support HDMI video, but it should still be available on the bottom USB-C port.
The additional triggers made me interested in the ROG Phone 6, and and the Only reason I upgraded from the ROG Phone 3 was that HDMI output was Confirmed (an known issue with the ROG Phone 5).
The own and still have the ROG Phone 2 & 3, the ROG Phone 3 still runs like a champ and did not need to be upgraded. I was able to Live Stream with both predecessor models, and knew the ROG Phone 5 had issues supporting HDMI out and the main reason I did not upgrade from the 3.
The original cooler's had headphone jacks, supported HDMI out and designed to keep the side of the phone free of cables for the Ultimate Mobile Gaming Experience. I don't know know why Asus went away from this design. The Aero Active Cooler 6 is soo much larger than the original coolers, I do not see this being used on the go and the majority of users will be using this at home, so the Cooler should add functionality to the phone instead of restricting it. I knew the headphone jack was no longer on the cooler and was an acceptable sacrifice for the extra triggers, but not being able to capture video to live stream is making me regret this purchase.

9 REPLIES 9

Mattias_ASUS
charliemora2
  1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 PRO
  2. Firmware Version: Stock Version
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: With Aero Active Cooler 6 attached
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

========================================

Firmware update needed to support HDMI video with the Aero Active Cooler 6 connected.

I am able to get a HDMI video signal out of both side and bottom USB-C port, however, the Aero Active Cooler 6 limits the USB-C ports functionality when installed and neither port supports HDMI video out.

During the "ROG Phone 6 Launch Event" it was Specifically stated @ 55:48 that the side port supported HDMI out and there was No disclaimer or Fine Print on the screen, that this function is disabled with the Aero Active Cooler 6 installed. Since there are no side pins on the ROG Phone 6 like its predecessor models the through port on the cooler might not be able to support HDMI video, but it should still be available on the bottom USB-C port.

The additional triggers made me interested in the ROG Phone 6, and and the Only reason I upgraded from the ROG Phone 3 was that HDMI output was Confirmed (an known issue with the ROG Phone 5).

The own and still have the ROG Phone 2 & 3, the ROG Phone 3 still runs like a champ and did not need to be upgraded. I was able to Live Stream with both predecessor models, and knew the ROG Phone 5 had issues supporting HDMI out and the main reason I did not upgrade from the 3.

The original cooler's had headphone jacks, supported HDMI out and designed to keep the side of the phone free of cables for the Ultimate Mobile Gaming Experience. I don't know know why Asus went away from this design. The Aero Active Cooler 6 is soo much larger than the original coolers, I do not see this being used on the go and the majority of users will be using this at home, so the Cooler should add functionality to the phone instead of restricting it. I knew the headphone jack was no longer on the cooler and was an acceptable sacrifice for the extra triggers, but not being able to capture video to live stream is making me regret this purchase.

No Video Output with Aero Active Cooler 6 Installed (Upgrade/Downgrade)
Hello!
To give an official reply, the AAC6 does not support transfer of information through it, the bottom port of the device does not support HDMI output, which means HDMI out cannot be used together with the AAC6.

auk5592
Star I
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/65455/no-video-output-with-aero-active-cooler-6-installed-upg...

Hello!

To give an official reply, the AAC6 does not support transfer of information through it, the bottom port of the device does not support HDMI output, which means HDMI out cannot be used together with the AAC6.

View post
Well thanks for the official reply mate. You really increased my knowledge genius. We already know that by now. The reason we are speaking about it here is because we want to know if Asus is going to do something about it?

charliemora2
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/65455/no-video-output-with-aero-active-cooler-6-installed-upg...

Hello!

View post
You state "the bottom port of the device does not support HDMI output", but it does, without the AAC6 installed, I can capture HDMI video out of both the Side and Bottom USB-C ports.
One of the many attempts to make this work was as follows:
ROG Phone6 without the AAC6 attached.
USB-C cable attached to the bottom port to my capture device. Everything working Correctly.
Attached the AAC6, Video feed stopped, pop up window on the ROG Phone 6 states the USB-C ports have limited functions with the AAC6 installed.
The USB-C limited functions is something the phone is doing, which could be corrected with a firmware update. I can accept but don't understand why the AAC6 would not be able to handle HDMI video but why limit the bottom USB-C? The Aero Active Cooler was originally designed to Free up the bottom of the phone so that the USB and Headphone cables do not interfere with gameplay, I do not understand why Asus went away from this design.
I knew the Cooler no longer had the headphone jack which was an acceptable compromise for the additional triggers on the Cooler, However, during the "ROG Phone 6 Launch Event" it was Specifically stated @ 55:48 that the side port supported HDMI out and there was No disclaimer or Fine Print on the screen, that this function is disabled with the Aero Active Cooler 6 installed. 

Zsolt
Star III
I'm a rog phone user I have rog 1-2-3 and now I was thinking to upgrade my rog3 to 6 pro but considering the IC problems and other relatively small bugs, this issue is what made me change my mind. This is a completely different direction that Asus originally started...

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.