This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You may have new messages - Whatsapp

Mysterio
Rising Star I
So I got the device back after the motherboard replacement for the second time. Everything seems fine now till the next boom.
I found an issue with WhatsApp that I cannot receive the messages when the phone is locked. It just shows a message like "you may have new messages" in the lock screen instead of showing the messages and sender name. I able to receive the messages whenever I unlock the phone. I have cleared the storage and cache, reinstalled WhatsApp app but the issue still exist. Anyone know how to rectify this issue, it would be very helpful to me
screenshot-20221021-144820570.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

PinkFires
Rising Star I
I used to get this a lot. Turn off Background app management by going in Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Battery. If you turn this off the app won't be managed automatically in the background and it can sync your received messages right away. It shouldn't really impact your battery life too much either.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Mysterio,
Just a blind guess here apart from the above what PinkFries mentioned, have you tried going into
What's App => Settings => Privacy => Fingerprint lock => Show content in Notifications

Mysterio
Rising Star I
PinkFires

I used to get this a lot. Turn off Background app management by going in Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Battery. If you turn this off the app won't be managed automatically in the background and it can sync your received messages right away. It shouldn't really impact your battery life too much either.

View post
@PinkFires @ARP@ARP_ASUS It works mates. Thanks!