k_huat
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: stick to a11
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Warranty off after one year of purchase
So mates consult experience is it safe to upgrade to a12 or better stick with a11? 🤔
Possiblity of WiFi/hotspot problem after upgraded to a12?
8 REPLIES 8

Abhishek_Bhaika
Star II
I would recommend you turn off your updates and not update the phone to the further version, people who have updated have faced issues with wifi and hotspot turning on, I also faced the same issue, please do not update it, the issue is in firmware itself but these service center people told me this is a hardware issue lol

FunBike31
Community Legend I
With the number of successive updates since the release of Rog5, it is absolutely certain that it is not the firmware that breaks the wifi, it is a hardware breakage.
This belief comes from the fact that users almost never reboot their smartphones and that the only time they do it is by obligation, forced by the update.
100% of users think that it was their last update that caused this wifi outage since July 2021 and it's the same story until November 2022.
This breakage of the wifi can therefore happen at any time but the Wifi continues to operate as long as the device is running, the defect is detected during the boot checks.
@k_huat you stop your rog5 then you turn it back on, if the wifi is still operational there is no reason for it to be down after the updates (many, you have to do them all, starting with the one that follows the version of your firmware)
Until the beginning of 2022 it was thought that only rog5s delivered to India were affected by this failure, but for the past few months there has not been a day without several users experiencing this failure in any which continent, in europe where the warranty is 2 years and even 3 years in some countries, users are on their 4th motherboard, if you are not lucky enough to have this warranty period, it is time to consider reselling it

k_huat
Rising Star II
FunBike31

With the number of successive updates since the release of Rog5, it is absolutely certain that it is not the firmware that breaks the wifi, it is a hardware breakage.

This belief comes from the fact that users almost never reboot their smartphones and that the only time they do it is by obligation, forced by the update.

100% of users think that it was their last update that caused this wifi outage since July 2021 and it's the same story until November 2022.

This breakage of the wifi can therefore happen at any time but the Wifi continues to operate as long as the device is running, the defect is detected during the boot checks.

@k_huat you stop your rog5 then you turn it back on, if the wifi is still operational there is no reason for it to be down after the updates (many, you have to do them all, starting with the one that follows the version of your firmware)

Until the beginning of 2022 it was thought that only rog5s delivered to India were affected by this failure, but for the past few months there has not been a day without several users experiencing this failure in any which continent, in europe where the warranty is 2 years and even 3 years in some countries, users are on their 4th motherboard, if you are not lucky enough to have this warranty period, it is time to consider reselling it

View post
Reselling it now is 1/3 of the money paid..
I'll continue with a11 until it break down god bless all of us 🙏🏻

k_huat
Rising Star II
Abhishek Bhaikatti

I would recommend you turn off your updates and not update the phone to the further version, people who have updated have faced issues with wifi and hotspot turning on, I also faced the same issue, please do not update it, the issue is in firmware itself but these service center people told me this is a hardware issue lol

View post
Dully noted.. 🙏🏻