Star I
System: windows 11
Battery or AC: Ac
Model: vivobook s 14x oled
Frequency of occurrence: once every boot
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:trying to replace the 4gb ram with PNY 16gb ddr4 3200mh but keeps randomly crashing. Does the system support 24gb of ram (8 solder+ 16gb sodimm?
Any successfully upgraded their ram?
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
Vazz
  1. System: windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Ac
  3. Model: vivobook s 14x oled
  4. Frequency of occurrence: once every boot
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:trying to replace the 4gb ram with PNY 16gb ddr4 3200mh but keeps randomly crashing. Does the system support 24gb of ram (8 solder+ 16gb sodimm?

Any successfully upgraded their ram?

Vivobook s 14x 24gb ram upgrade
@Vazz
Could you please tell me the full model of the laptop you are using?

How to find Model Name

Vazz
Star I
Hi. The Model is S5402ZA which came with 12GB of ram.
ASUS 14.5" OLED VivoBook Intel Evo Platform Laptop - 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H - 2880 x 1800 Display 120HZ - Windows 11 , 12 GB DDR4 - Midnight Black
Model S5402ZA-IS74
Looking at Asus product page it says upgradable 16gb Ram, so I cannot go beyond that?

Falcon_ASUS
Vazz

Hi. The Model is S5402ZA which came with 12GB of ram.

ASUS 14.5" OLED VivoBook Intel Evo Platform Laptop - 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H - 2880 x 1800 Display 120HZ - Windows 11 , 12 GB DDR4 - Midnight Black

Model S5402ZA-IS74

Looking at Asus product page it says upgradable 16gb Ram, so I cannot go beyond that?

View post
@Vazz
Your laptop already has one onboard memory , and there is only one replaceable memory slot can be used. Regarding this replaceable memory slot , you can insert a 8GB memory.
Thank you.  

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.