This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTS Audio Processing settings are unavailable with currently active audio device

Arjit
Star III
System: Windows 11 (22H2)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook k15 oled
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Pre installed DTS audio processing app never works for Bluetooth headphone and USB audio devices. when I connect these devices it says:
DTS audio processing settings are unavailable with currently active audio device.

Please fix your audio driver as soon as possible. Currently it is only working for laptop's internal speaker and wired headphone.
9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
Arjit

2022-10-18.png

for all Bluetooth and USB audio devices DTS Audio processing app can not process the audio. it only works for internal speakers.

View post
@Arjit
I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
Arjit

2022-10-18.png

for all Bluetooth and USB audio devices DTS Audio processing app can not process the audio. it only works for internal speakers.

View post
@Arjit
It has been confirmed that the DTS function only supports the built-in speakers and headphones
So the situation you reported is a normal behavior.
Thank you.

Arjit
Star III
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/235740#Comment_235740

@Arjit

It has been confirmed that the DTS function only supports the built-in speakers and headphones

So the situation you reported is a normal behavior.

Thank you.

View post
ohh wow it's normal. So you are saying i should not use bluetooth headphone in order to experience dts audio.
Thank you for giving me this wonderful piece of advice. Now i can set those expensive but useless headphones on fire.

I bought an HP and Vivobook and both have crap for audio. My 6-year-old dell has tremendous sound and I will not upgrade to Windows 11.
My Vivobook is almost OK on windows 10, but now I can't get that extra punch using the DTS Audio Processing app because it gives the same error.
I'm still working on it though. If I find something, I'll post.

Here's something else to consider:
I installed the Windows App called "FxSound". First of all check it out. It definitely helps boost sound and gives you an equilizer.
HOWEVER, I noticed on Windows 11 when I install it, it will cause the DTS Audio Processing to say " DTS Audio Processing settings are unavailable with currently active audio device".
If I UNINSTALL "FxSound" then the DTS Audio Processing WORKS again.
Check and see if SOMETHING, an application or anything installed with the bluetooth is taking over and not allowing DTS to work.