Sam_Koh
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 6
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2209.197
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
No wifi calling available for my ROG 6, I had switched my SIM card to my Samsung and it's working fine.
(Malaysia market & Yes Telco)
screenshot-20221007-124000-settings-1.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

thuggs
Rising Star I
Well you guys are doing a poor job at it. 3 big providers in the USA, you only support 2, and neither one is working with vowifi (att, t mobile). Volte works but no vowifi.
Edit: You can force the option if you type *#*#3642623344#*#* into the phone app then go into settings, Internet, SIM 1, WiFi calling. Haven't tested it yet and IDK if this option will persist after a reboot but it's a start.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@thuggs
VoLTE and VoWIFI are 2 different functionalities and the phone manufacturer is not in question if the operator does not offer one of the functions (case of VoWIFI for some)

The VoLTE/VoWifi functionalities follow the diagram summarized below
1- The manufacturer (Apple / Android) sends a request to the operator
2- The operator accepts or refuses, if he accepts he creates a file himself or gives the information to the manufacturer to do so and do tests together
3- Apple - The operator sends the file to Apple, the IOS system recovers this file (no need for a heavy update) and the user activates the function.
3' - Android
- Non-restrictive operator, he sends the file to the manufacturer (VoLTE OR VoLTE&VoWifi), the manufacturer integrates it into the firmware and sends it to users via OTA or by manual update (Android smartphones that no longer have updates security updates will therefore never have VoLTE/VoWIFI if they did not have it before)
- Operator restrictive, (VoLTE/VoWIFI reserved for smartphones sold by the operator (of the country))
The manufacturer sends the firmware to the operator, he includes his overlay and the file to manufacture a new firmware then distributes it by OTA
In the latter case, if the manufacturer has had access to the file or data to do so but does not have the right to distribute it or does not want to, it does not activate the function

Voila, it is not technically complex but extremely twisted and in 90% of cases, the operator is in question, either it costs him too much for a small manufacturer or the tests have never been satisfactory, or there is a problem. license or financial or the operator has already worked with the manufacturer and had to bear a significant cost due to an unreliable device and no longer wants to work with this manufacturer.
Well, I don't know the exact cause of the absence of VoLTE/VoWifi with ASUS on a large majority of operators, but when I see VoLTE/VOWifi on Fairphone which is a microbe compared to ASUS, read from ASUS ' we are working on it' makes me laugh gently (Yellow given the 1000€ of the smatphone)so I would rather advise you to change the brand of smartphone

This code does not persist
3 cases
-It works but Asus has hidden the feature (extremely many causes)
-The VoLTE and/or VoWifi options appear but do not work or work for a while then stop. cause, the operator has certified the device in one country but not in another, the configuration file has not been sent by the operator (root & XDA 🙂 ) or it is in beta
-It does not work and/or the VoLTE/Vowifi option remains invisible, there is no configuration file or the operator does not offer this service (in 2022 it is either the operator who activates this function only for the devices he sells (he tests IMEI), the user's plan does not allow it or the user must activate it)

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.