cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 & Android OS updates.

ZT-9cbf5ffc
Star I
Hello @CH_ASUS ,
I m currently confused on whether to get zenfone 6 or Rog 2. and one important factor to me is android os update.
So, Can you please ask the devs of The Rog phone 2 whether they will follow the same android os update strategy as the rog phone 1 or the zenfone 6.
Thank you.
24 REPLIES 24

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
ASUS provide variety of phones in a year but OnePlus release one or two device so OnePlus can provide updates faster than ASUS. ASUS has to work on multiple models so they are taking more time than OnePlus on releasing updates.
@asus however, you need to work on providing updates even faster than now.

PANSELUTA
Star II
ASUS can't deliver updates. What use is for ROG 1 buyers to update to Pie? They don't want Pie anymore. By the time ASUS really succedes with Pie, Google will release Android 11. Get used to it or buy a portable console.

PANSELUTA
Star II
Don't get me wrong. I had the old Zenfone 5, then Zenfone 2, then Zenfone 3, then Rog Phone. I loved Asus products because I have a lot of other PC parts from them. But in mobile... They lost the battle.
A flagship phone like ROG or ROG 2 without fast updates and without simple options like Volte... Not really a MOBILE phone without Volte isnt't it?

Matheus_sc
Rising Star I
I recent buy mu rog phone 2, comming from s10+. But 9 months for a New android update is very bad for a top tier smartphone.

ZT-24e7d75a
Star III
PANSELUTA

Don't get me wrong. I had the old Zenfone 5, then Zenfone 2, then Zenfone 3, then Rog Phone. I loved Asus products because I have a lot of other PC parts from them. But in mobile... They lost the battle.

A flagship phone like ROG or ROG 2 without fast updates and without simple options like Volte... Not really a MOBILE phone without Volte isnt't it?

View post
It amazes me how they are just ignoring this issue. ATT literally will stop activating non-VoLTE phones soon and shut down their entire 3G by 2022, but before then they are slowly taking down towers, minimizing coverage. TMobile is throttling 3G and limiting its broadband so they can continue to focus on Band 12 towers that have no 2g/3g.
They spend all this money to design these 2 awesome phones, just to not support them in the slightest after release. I hope an ASUS Rep does read this, because it is absolutely a joke that you are selling a phone in the US that you KNOW is not going to work with US carriers and that you KNOW you will never provide proper security and OS updates.