This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging VoLTE over T-Mobile on *US* Zenfone 9

nzeid
Star II
Hi all! Let me start by saying this is an absolutely fantastic phone BUT this lack of VoLTE is a major regression from my Galaxy S10E. I do see some threads about this here but nothing specific or particularly helpful.
Model: ASUS_AI2202
Regulatory labels: USA, Europe, Japan
Build number: WW_32.2040.2040.23
T-Mobile is a major carrier here in the US and I can see this phone has the appropriate baseband for US carriers. The main symptom is that my mobile data connection drops every time a call comes in and every time I make a call. This has the added wonkiness of sometimes dropping incoming and outgoing calls altogether. I am pretty tech savvy so I can pull up ADB and do any kind of prying you need to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

nzeid
Star II
Fixed it. Did some really painful A/B testing of system packages. Ended up that I needed to "Clear storage" and "Force stop" the org.codeaurora.ims package. Confirmed that if this package is down then VoLTE gets disabled entirely.

Vismaior
Star III
as yet volte does not work on zenfone 8 in poland. so you'll have to wait

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.