This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messenger light app not receiving voice call or video call or notifications until i open it

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III

Model Name: rog phone 6
Firmware Version: Android 12 ww_32.2810.2208.160
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): messenger light
i noticed that meesenger light app not receiving any kind of notifications until i open the app, ofcaurse i did format the device after the last update i mentioned, and i tried to open the app and keep it in background and that doesn't work, ofcaurse i didnt activate super clean feature, all sounds is on to the maximum, adaptive battery is on, customize battery is on, don't dusturb is off.
i noticed also that while using video call, if i try to do something else like opening other app (video calling still on) the other side person cant hear my voice but i still hear him and the not back untill i shutdown the app and recall again.
and this sometimes happen in whatsapp while watching videos inside whatsapp and trying to do something else like cheking email (whatsapp still in background) when i back to continue watch the same video in whatsapp the sound for rhis video stopped despite video still running!!! and the sound will not back untill i delete the whatsapp app from background and relaunch it again !!
and the same happen on YouTube app(rarely)
wish i explained it very welldoes anyone experience something like this
(dont forget that i already did factory rest the device more than 2 times.
Regards

8 REPLIES 8

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
after my last comment i decided to keep messenger light in the background to get notifications...but today i noticed that despite keeping messenger light in the background, the app didn't get any notification or receiving any call (video + call) so i can say that keeping the app for long time in the background dont save the app from going to (sleep completely)...i wish to fix this issue soon because all calls apps is useless
regards

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Mazen Junaidi,
In order to conduct further investigation, the R&D department requires the following information from your end-
Set the app as follows and then confirm receipt of notifications. If you still have questions, please help provide log clarification.
Allow all apps to Auto-start (Settings>Battery>Auto-start manager). Make sure that the background power saving management is turned off, and that the battery usage is unlimited.
If the app call is switched to the background and the other party cannot hear the sound, you need to describe the specific scene, try moving the video call to the background, and then open another application to determine whether it is in line with expectations.
Lastly, provide a video, and grab the audio log for clarification
Note: When an app is performing capturing and its audio source is voice communication or camcorder, the system must mute the audio of any other app.
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, Call Audio, and Recording” will work for most audio issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Mazen Junaidi,

In order to conduct further investigation, the R&D department requires the following information from your end-

Set the app as follows and then confirm receipt of notifications. If you still have questions, please help provide log clarification.

• Allow all apps to Auto-start (Settings>Battery>Auto-start manager). Make sure that the background power saving management is turned off, and that the battery usage is unlimited.
  • If the app call is switched to the background and the other party cannot hear the sound, you need to describe the specific scene, try moving the video call to the background, and then open another application to determine whether it is in line with expectations.
  • Lastly, provide a video, and grab the audio log for clarification

Note: When an app is performing capturing and its audio source is voice communication or camcorder, the system must mute the audio of any other app.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).

1.  Open “Calculator APP”

2.  Enter “.19595+=”

3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, Call Audio, and Recording” will work for most audio issues.

4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.

5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".

6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.

Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

View post
i did all you requested:
-No save battery seetings is on.
-Auto-start manager is on for all apps.
-Adaptive battery is on.
-Power optimization options is on.
-I tested also whatsapp and it receives all notifications (while in background + not in background).
-I tested messenger light app (not in background) and finally it receives the call notification and video notificatin, and i did the test again while app in background and yes it receives all notifications.
but there is something weired happen that when someone called me from other country !! the same issue appear that i dont get any notification despite the notification appear in-app and showed missed call icon after opening the app !!?. actually i dont know if this ASUS ROG 6 issue or messenger light app related issue.

thanks for help

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.