cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Phone 5s - Airtel 5G Software Update Status

GhostQi
Star II
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 5s
Firmware Version: Android 12 with Security Patch of 2022-09.
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Software update needed
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not an app issue
Airtel has released 5G in major cities around India. I was excited that my handset would be able to support 5G. But when I opened the Airtel App it showed that the manufacturer has to release a software update on 5G. I was upset. I searched for solutions but didn't find anything.
If they still need to roll out the update on 5G software for ASUS ROG Phone 5s, please do it soon.
screenshot-20221009-122458773-7e2.jpg
screenshot-20221009-122500777-7e2.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Rockzz98

But in my rog 5 airtel 5g was working in Siliguri, West Bengal and same thing is showing in my airtel thanks app.

View post
Can you share a screenshot/video of the same

H0TLINE_BL1NG
Star I
DO NOT BUY ASUS PHONE, MY ASUS WIFI AND HOTSPOT IS NOT WORKING, SHAME ON ASUS SUCH A BIG COMPANY BUT THE PRODUCTS HAVE NO QUALITY AT ALL

GhostQi
Star II
Yes, I got the same 5G notification in Raidurg, Hyderabad - the place where most of the major Tech companies are located.
I have speed tested too and managed to get stable high speed compared to 4G+ VoLTE.
But the Airtel application still shows that the device needs to roll out an update for 5G that Airtel SIMs need.
@Jiaszzz_ASUS @Mattia@Mattias@Keren @Mattias could you please look into this?
And people stop spamming the discussion with problems other than Airtel 5G. If you want to complain about your issues regarding the phone you can start a new discussion.

Rockzz98
Star I
ReaperZ_Wolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/234846#Comment_234846

Can you share a screenshot/video of the same

View post
I'm currently not in Siliguri or any 5g enabled city that's why I said 5g WAS working on my rog5.

GhostQi
Star II
@CH_ASUS @Falcon @allModerators please look into this matter and request ASUS to roll out an update soon