BTTman
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG phone 6 256gb
Firmware Version: WW_32.2810.2209.197
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: happens all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just got new sim card and my old phone s20 ultra beats this phone mobile network speeds by huge marginal!

I have tried to same server for each phone and s20 ultra got nearly 3 times better score with this sim card. Is there something I could do to improve result. Even YouTube struggles to work on mobile network
Also my old sim card worked fine with this phone but not this new one..
screenshot-20221026-184330-speedtest.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

BTTman
Star I
yosef019

i sugest you open new APN with modern settings

i have in israel old apn settings for Partner company still as Orange with very old APN settings

View post
I have modern settings with my new sim. But still got poor speeds. I think this phone can't do more no matter what I do with it

BTTman
Star I
FunBike31

CA = Channel Aggregation

The ROG 6 can 'in theory' simultaneously use 6 frequency bands for download and 2 for upload, specs below

LTE: DL 6CA Cat20 up to 2.0 Gbps / UL 2CA Cat18 up to 211 Mbps

It depends on the need, the country, the operator and the possibilities of the antenna where you are connected and those nearby.

Indicate your country, the operator and you have purchased the phone distributed by asus for your country

View post
My country is Finland and operator Telia and purchased from Elisa in Finland

So should work fine in Finland or what?

excavation5
Rising Star II
BTTman

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/234854#Comment_234854

I have modern settings with my new sim. But still got poor speeds. I think this phone can't do more no matter what I do with it

View post

5G connection
screenshot-20221026-211737-gallery.jpg

4G connection
screenshot-20221026-212050-speedtest.jpg

BTTman
Star I

excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/234955#Comment_234955

5G connection

screenshot-20221026-211737-gallery.jpg

4G connection

screenshot-20221026-212050-speedtest.jpg

View post
I think Telia network does not like this kind of phone. Because I have tried another sim too with same 200 megabyte 4G connection and got same results..

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I have just checked the Telia subscriptions and offers and found that the speed differentiates all 4G and 5G offers, apart from offering a specific speed for a subscription is controlled with the account and the characteristics of the phone, IMEI is the most used, some operators use the model name.
It would be good to test the speed with a smartphone that is NOT an iPhone, Xiaomi, Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus or Samsung Galaxy as these are the brands of devices sold and therefore certified by Telia.
Telia must have had a bad experience with ASUS, they sold the ROG Phone and didn't continue with ASUS for 2 and the following!!!
You should still diagnose with Telia, I did not find a single Clause or restriction that guarantees that the speed of the subscription is only guaranteed with devices sold by them