This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] - Zenfone 9 sometimes stuck in 60hz after unlocking.

Ace2099
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 50% of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
========================================

100% of the time I'm using the device in 120hz mode, but sometimes, more or less than 50% of the time unlocking the phone, the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz, not reverting to 120hz unless I manually switch it again ( when reverting, it appears that 120hz is already selected but using the "show refresh rate" debug option I can clearly see that it runs with 60hz, and in this case I have to select another refresh rate and back to 120hz to make it work again ).

I also added a screen recording with "Show refresh rate " enabled, but that unfortunately was not recorded ( I think it should, so maybe this should be added in the next update for better debugging and issue sharing ).
Since the Hz are not shown in the recording, you need to have an monitor with at least 120Hz to see what is shown in the video and what I'm talking about.

8 REPLIES 8

Cudder
Star II
The same thing is happening to me since the last update. Usually it snaps back into 120hz after a few seconds, but sometimes I have to lock and unlock again for it to change back to normal.

Cudder
Star II
Issue is still present in the newest update (32.2050.2050.29).

molznator
Star II
I can confirm it

Mattias_ASUS
Hi!
I will have a look into this 🙂