cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug when putting speaker on during calls

Globus
Star I
Hello everyone,

I have a weird specific bug with my Zenfone 8 and I can't find equivalent reports online. Maybe I am phrasing it wrong. Here it is:

Whenever I'm on a call, everyone hear me fine. However, as soon as I put the call on speaker, people only hear my voice and every other voice around me is muted! It also happens with video calls, for example if I try to show my kid on video, people can hear my voice but my kid's voice is muted.

I don't know if this is Android-related or phone related, I am not very knowledgeable on phones. Anyone has an idea? Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

kristoffia
Star III
Hi Globus,
I have the same problem and have already written about this problem in some thread but I did not get any answer. In my case, it happened after some system update. The problem occurs during a phone call and video in the following applications: Messenger, Teams.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
I have a similar issue and I noticed it was because when I activate speakerphone the Zf8 stops using the bottom microphone.
The same issue is here in this thread:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54259/zenfone-8-microphone-problem

tor_bjornebole2
Star II
Globus

Hello everyone,

I have a weird specific bug with my Zenfone 8 and I can't find equivalent reports online. Maybe I am phrasing it wrong. Here it is:

Whenever I'm on a call, everyone hear me fine. However, as soon as I put the call on speaker, people only hear my voice and every other voice around me is muted! It also happens with video calls, for example if I try to show my kid on video, people can hear my voice but my kid's voice is muted.

I don't know if this is Android-related or phone related, I am not very knowledgeable on phones. Anyone has an idea? Thanks!

Bug when putting speaker on during calls
My phone has been sent to Asus under warranty for this exact reason. They gave it back to me without a fix, saying that there was no problem, but I could easily reproduce it. So after some thorough testing from my side and back and forth email exchanges with support, they now say it is software related and that a firmware update is being worked on to fix the issue. Apparently there is some AI noise cancelling that has gone and decided that any none male-adult voice is noise. So some human intervention is needed.

Globus
Star I
Thank you all for your answers. At least I can see that it is somewhat generic so it makes me hopeful that a bugfix might be coming. Hopefully it is fixable through software updates...