Mike47
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 5s
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.128
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Wifi & Hotspot
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Tried Hard Reboot. Restarted several times. Gave Forget WiFi network. Unable to resolve issue.
39 REPLIES 39

ZT-a6fe74aa
Star I
Same here. After this new update wifi & hotspot stopped working. I had to buy an type c to ethernet port to use ethernet on the device for high speed connectivity. Kindly help to fix this. It's extremely irritating how an firmware update ruined the phone's main functionality.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, ZT-a6fe74aa.
Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you!

cepek3
Star II
I have same problem here, please help @Jiaszzz_ASUS

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, cepek3. Please check the PM inbox as well. Thank you.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ZT-a6fe74aa

Same here. After this new update wifi & hotspot stopped working. I had to buy an type c to ethernet port to use ethernet on the device for high speed connectivity. Kindly help to fix this. It's extremely irritating how an firmware update ruined the phone's main functionality.

View post
Attention, use this as a troubleshooting to save your data, all users who continued to use their Rog5 after the Wifi failure with an alternative solution (4G or USB) suffered a complete failure of the Rog5 in the days / weeks that followed .
-Contact a service center (if you are far away do not send the Rog5, with thousands of identical cases they must be able to make an estimate with just the description of the breakdown)
-With (or without) the quote contact ASUS customer service to request motherboard replacement support. Rely on the same number of cases, on a consumer association, in short, prepare yourself to go to court or lose the money spent because the price of the repair is higher than a competing gaming device)
In any case, take into account that after the repair the problem will start again.
There have been more than ten firmware, this breakage was already there, restarting no longer finds the wifi module, the update is not in question
Good luck