This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is ASUS ignoring Verizon and other US carriers?

vdpp48jyv2
Star I
I've been waiting for years for the ROG phone to be available on Verizon, which is the fastest network, and has the best connection for gaming on your phone and for streaming games to your phone. It's really strange to me that they would not put their phone, which is supposed to be the best for gaming, on the network that is the best for gaming.
I've heard repeatedly that ASUS and Verizon had talks about making the phone compatible with Verizon, but ASUS backed out. Can we get any clarity about whether or not we will ever get this or the next generation of ROG phones on Verizon? I don't want to be forced to switch to a worse carrier to get a better phone.
10 REPLIES 10

yogageeta
Star II
thuggs

Perfect if you like up jump though hoops and have to take additional steps every few days to get text messages and 4g calling.

View post
Nothing has changed since I popped my SIM card in. No issues. 4G, 5G, text, data, calls works as one would expect, like previously with a Phone 5s.

thuggs
Rising Star I
Till you reboot your phone and have to jump through the hoops again.

yogageeta
Star II
Not sure where you getting your info from, but my experience says otherwise. It could be the version model that I have of the phone 6 pro. Cheers mate!

thuggs
Rising Star I
Everything i read on getting the 5 to work said you had to dial in settings and if you rebooted they needed to be dialed in again. Also every now and then there l the phone would just stop receiving texts and calls.
I also have the 6 pro

Mattias_ASUS
vdpp48jyv2

I've been waiting for years for the ROG phone to be available on Verizon, which is the fastest network, and has the best connection for gaming on your phone and for streaming games to your phone. It's really strange to me that they would not put their phone, which is supposed to be the best for gaming, on the network that is the best for gaming.

I've heard repeatedly that ASUS and Verizon had talks about making the phone compatible with Verizon, but ASUS backed out. Can we get any clarity about whether or not we will ever get this or the next generation of ROG phones on Verizon? I don't want to be forced to switch to a worse carrier to get a better phone.

Why is ASUS ignoring Verizon and other US carriers?
I sadly don't have more information regarding that, we are constantly working with service providers to allow more services in our devices.