socialaldrin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I wants some good and clear suggestion from you guys.. currently Im using ROG 5 and I want to upgrade because of tons of bugs on this phone especialy the THERMAL issue and buggy updates.

So I want to upgrade to 6 PRO or 6D Ultimate.. can you give me some insights so I can decide which on the two is worth to buy for long time gaming,speaker and better performance. btw I already Pre order the 6D and for PRO I dont think I can Pre order anymore? Thank you and Godbless!
11 REPLIES 11

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@socialaldrine
Defective hardware for one, XXXL bugs for both and you are waiting for a good and clear suggestion response, lol, you are a funny

socialaldrin
Star III
FunBike31

@socialaldrine

Defective hardware for one, XXXL bugs for both and you are waiting for a good and clear suggestion response, lol, you are a funny

View post
Both still have buggy updates?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
socialaldrin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233457#Comment_233457

Both still have buggy updates?

View post
I don't understand, you come from a ROG5 and you plan to buy a ROG6 or 6D!!! when after going to a restaurant you have food poisoning, once cured you return to the same restaurant !!!, you have a second one and the restaurant refuses to compensate you by denying any responsibility, it is ASUS policy.
The ROG6 doesn't seem to have the ROG5's serious problem with WIFI but it has the others just as serious and even adds a problem on the camera that requires a return to the service center.
The design is identical, the worst components of the ROG 5 have been kept (Power supply, Fingerprint reader (6D too), internal connection), the best of the ROG5 audio Dac ess has been removed, for bugs, read the posts of the ROG6 section.
For the 6D, there are only a few returns from Chinese users, none were delivered broken or returned to the service center, it is already a miracle.
but There is a worrying random reboot problem for the moment in diagnosis
The other bugs, audio, wifi, notification, AeroCooler, google wallet, abnormal noise with bluetooth headphones and graphic compatibility of some games with the dimensity are being analyzed.
These bugs can of course be fixed, for my part I am less optimistic than @Danoisblunt, you have experience with ROG5 bugs, check out some posts of bug submissions and their fixes for ROG6, ZF8 and ZF9, in short, reread my analogy with the restaurant

Farzad0
Star III
socialaldrin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233446#Comment_233446

So Mali is superior now than the adreno?

View post
No I think adreno is better but mediatek CPU is more efficient for power consumption.

Farzad0
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233490#Comment_233490

I don't understand, you come from a ROG5 and you plan to buy a ROG6 or 6D!!! when after going to a restaurant you have food poisoning, once cured you return to the same restaurant !!!, you have a second one and the restaurant refuses to compensate you by denying any responsibility, it is ASUS policy.

The ROG6 doesn't seem to have the ROG5's serious problem with WIFI but it has the others just as serious and even adds a problem on the camera that requires a return to the service center.

The design is identical, the worst components of the ROG 5 have been kept (Power supply, Fingerprint reader (6D too), internal connection), the best of the ROG5 audio Dac ess has been removed, for bugs, read the posts of the ROG6 section.

For the 6D, there are only a few returns from Chinese users, none were delivered broken or returned to the service center, it is already a miracle.

but There is a worrying random reboot problem for the moment in diagnosis

The other bugs, audio, wifi, notification, AeroCooler, google wallet, abnormal noise with bluetooth headphones and graphic compatibility of some games with the dimensity are being analyzed.

These bugs can of course be fixed, for my part I am less optimistic than @Danoisblunt, you have experience with ROG5 bugs, check out some posts of bug submissions and their fixes for ROG6, ZF8 and ZF9, in short, reread my analogy with the restaurant

View post
Im using redmagic 7s pro right now and the ROG phone 6 has way better software but Asus messed up and I have no choice but to stick to redmagic