Microphone, notifications, Camera issues

absartariq123
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 2040.2040
Rooted or not: Yes. But issue was there before root also
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Latest Duo Lingo, Falou etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

MIC ISSUES:
- While mic works fine on camera, calls (Both on/off loudspeaker), 3rd party camera apps, whatsapp recording, the mic doesn't work at all with some apps like Shazam, DuoLingo or Falou. This is bringing me on my nerves!
NOTIFICATION ISSUES
- Even when notification sound is turned to zero, some apps like facebook notifications make sound. I don't understand why it is following the ringer volume and not the notification volume.
- When I get a notification while I am using an app. The app dissapears and I see the homescreen wallpaper until the the pop up notification is gone or swiped. [Automatically fixed. Don't know how. It wasn't an update]

CAMERA ISSUES
- Camera shutter is slow af. A minor movement of the subject ruins the image. Cannot take pictures of little kids or pets at all!
-Camera oversharpens images. Much more than Pixels. Mostly its okay but it ruins some pictures everyday.
- Smoothes skin too much in portrait mode, even when beauty mode is turned off.

While there are other issues too, I find these to be fixable and most annoying.

Asus please look into it!

15 REPLIES 15

absartariq123
Star III
gurpz1

I'm not rooted and also have been experiencing bad microphone quality. Since switching from my Pixel 3, regardless of how I make a phone call people tell me they can't hear me or my voice is muffled.

Is anyone taking a look into this?

View post
Yeah I have this issue also. The other party would say I hear an electric voice. I would need to call the person again. This issue occurs in both regular calls and whatsapp calls.

Dnivie
Star III
gurpz1

I'm not rooted and also have been experiencing bad microphone quality. Since switching from my Pixel 3, regardless of how I make a phone call people tell me they can't hear me or my voice is muffled.

Is anyone taking a look into this?

View post
Same problem here. I got in touch with Asus support and they said that I should upgrade from WW-32.2040.2040.23 to WW-32.2040.2040.28.............. and now GWallet want work & the mic problems are the same as before. No improvements 😠

vigneshsr1125
Star III
The selfie camera definitely smoothes skin too much! To a point it looks like a filter is on...PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @absartariq123,
I heard back from the R&D team.
Microphone issue: The R&D team requires you to check if the microphone permission is enabled. If you still cannot record the sound, please share the log details to help resolve the issue.
Follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording ”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)
Notifications issue: Here, the R&D team will yet again require log details to investigate the problem that you are facing. Follow the above-mentioned steps to enable the log tool and select the 'log type' as General.
Camera shutter speed issue: Please share the pictures which you clicked when you faced the slow shutter speed issue.

gurpz1
Star II
Will do this and see if I can get a log when it manifests itself.