Frequency of Occurrence: yes
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): charging

image.png
after 197 update phone charge slower
its adverdized 42 minutes now its charges same as rog 5 55 minutes
phone barly warm now
before its was hoter and charged in 46min from 0%
now from 10% to 100% 55min
@Mattias_ASUS if temps ok why reduce charging speed?
any new about apps with blue android logo and clock offset in hebrew
if needed i buy wattmeter and show video
11 REPLIES 11

DeLLiAnO
Rising Star I
Better to charge slower and less heat then other way around.
By the way, in your picture with the text of charging time van 0 to 100 in just 42 minutes * You must always look at the page below what the extra " * " means behind a word or specification. Always look for a * if they promise a specific thing
And dont forget, companys that promise you more miles/km with one tank of fuel, faster battery charging, better cold with less energy in refrigirators and so on and on.... They achieve this by creating perfect conditions, or by turning settings or stuff out.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
DeLLiAnO

Better to charge slower and less heat then other way around.

By the way, in your picture with the text of charging time van 0 to 100 in just 42 minutes * You must always look at the page below what the extra " * " means behind a word or specification. Always look for a * if they promise a specific thing

And dont forget, companys that promise you more miles/km with one tank of fuel, faster battery charging, better cold with less energy in refrigirators and so on and on.... They achieve this by creating perfect conditions, or by turning settings or stuff out.

View post
dis is pretty accurate.
You don't need to buy a wattmeter, because it's common knowledge that phones don't charge at their potential max speed.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Beyond that the new hyper-fast charges are more useful for repairers who replace batteries than for users, the temperature of the smartphone and that of the environment when you connect the charger defines the charging speed and that speed will drop further during charging with the heating of the phone.
turn off your phone at 0% charge and an ambient temperature of 20° then charge it, you will have the announced time and even a bonus of not being able to turn it on again, like in the lottery, you win or lose

yosef019
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233007#Comment_233007

dis is pretty accurate.

You don't need to buy a wattmeter, because it's common knowledge that phones don't charge at their potential max speed.

View post
especicaly when asus reduce the speed like xiaomi but they reduce to every one and not depend on the heat of the device