This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG AeroActive Cooler 6 Over-cooling prevention workaround?

LaurelLParas
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 5S Pro and AeroActive Cooler 6
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.128
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: just once for now.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My device is now overheating because the ROG AeroActive Cooler 6 restricted it's Frosty and Frozen modes for atleast 48 hours. Is there a workaround this? There was a few notifications that I managed to force the cooler to do Frozen mode but now it forced me to wait 48 hours (now at 41 hours waiting time) which is ridiculous.
screenshot-20221014-173358824.png
screenshot-20221014-173409363.png
screenshot-20221014-173418299.png

36 REPLIES 36

LaurelLParas
Rising Star I
That timer is not accurate and moving TOO SLOW.

LaurelLParas
Rising Star I
I already tried alot of reboots, cache clearing of the Armoury Crate and the entire system, also I am swapping AeroActive Coolers 5 and 6 depending where I am going to use my phone. I only use the 6 inside the house when I am gaming since I bought for the Thermoelectric feature and don't want to borrow someone else's BlackShark FunCooler 3 Pro. I just can't believe that ASUS ROG put an Over-cooling safety feature with a timer that moves slower than what we have in our universe. Come on ASUS ROG Devs and Engineering teams.

LaurelLParas
Rising Star I
FunBike31

While waiting for this to be unlocked, prepare a future use schedule, for safety +8h, 48h is easier. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. For the other days it is best to buy another Rog5+Aerocooler set.

This new bug changes my ranking of the worst buggy systems, ASUS now comes in 1st place far ahead of Microsoft and these NT4 and Windows 95, it pushes Windows Vista and Windows 1 out of the podium. They at least had the excuse of novelty for their respective eras.

at the risk of losing Wifi !! you can turn off the whole thing, restart the ROG then reconnect the AeroCooler, if it's still blocked, erase all the caches.

@Titan_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS

It is really time to review your teams or if you outsource to change provider, when something is dead we cut the branch. Because beyond the Bugs it's much deeper, what sane person can program 41 hours to return to normal use, it's not a nuclear reactor or a chicken frozen in liquid nitrogen

View post
Yes I did. I live in a tropical country where the device can get to 39 degrees or higher just because of environmental heat and humidity even when it's idle with the screen off. I got this cooler to avoid the motherboard burn and dead boot issues and prolong the life of the device even if it will be a sacrifice of convenience with the power button and AeroActive case. AeroActive Coolers 5 can't actually help in cooling the phone and sometimes it further heat it up and make the back dusty. Only AeroActive Coolers 6 (When Frosty and Frozen modes are enabled and free to use) and BlackShark FunCooler 3 Pro can help cool the device.

LaurelLParas
Rising Star I
FunBike31

While waiting for this to be unlocked, prepare a future use schedule, for safety +8h, 48h is easier. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. For the other days it is best to buy another Rog5+Aerocooler set.

This new bug changes my ranking of the worst buggy systems, ASUS now comes in 1st place far ahead of Microsoft and these NT4 and Windows 95, it pushes Windows Vista and Windows 1 out of the podium. They at least had the excuse of novelty for their respective eras.

at the risk of losing Wifi !! you can turn off the whole thing, restart the ROG then reconnect the AeroCooler, if it's still blocked, erase all the caches.

@Titan_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS

It is really time to review your teams or if you outsource to change provider, when something is dead we cut the branch. Because beyond the Bugs it's much deeper, what sane person can program 41 hours to return to normal use, it's not a nuclear reactor or a chicken frozen in liquid nitrogen

View post
Yeah I will use that Smart mode moving forward instead of manually selecting the modes even though I regularly always check the system temperature. I only brought it down to 16 degrees Celsius once when I tried using inside and air conditioned room just to try it out but regularly the lowest I had it on normal use is just 30 degrees Celsius which I think is not over-cooled. Condensation on the back of the phone is less than when I borrowed someone's FC 3 Pro to cool my device. So this Over-cooling safety feature is such an overkill.

LaurelLParas
Rising Star I
@Titan_ASUS assistance please.