Ashenae
Star II
Model Name: ROG Phone 6 Pro
Firmware Version: 32.2810.2209.197
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Steady
========================================
Hello all,
I got my phone on Friday (October 7th, 2022) and noticed that I couldn't use Wi-Fi Calling. This was immediately apparent because I live in the middle of nowhere and we just don't get any mobile signal. I thought this was some kind of error and upon researching online decided to take it to the TMobile store to verify that everything was properly unlocked. They said it was and that it was something on Asus's end. After talking with TWO Asus agents and trying to download firmware, the second finally said they had just realized that this phone in particular doesn't have the HARDWARE TO SUPPORT Wi-Fi Calling.
Someone, please tell me that isn't the case. I am at an ABSOLUTE loss that a $1300 PHONE doesn't come with Wi-Fi Calling. That is such a basic function and so important for rural people like me. Without this function, this phone is just unusable.
11 REPLIES 11

yosef019
Rising Star II
Ashenae

I'm in the US so the ROG 6 should be fully unlocked and VoWifi is part of my plan for TMobile. They, TMobile, even took my sim out and put it in another phone to show VoWifi worked just fine. This is solely on Asus and it's absolutely unacceptable. I am and have always been a gamer and I understand what they are trying to do with this type of phone. I was so excited and sadly I love many things about this phone, but this is just a deal breaker. "It's a gaming phone" is NO excuse to blatantly disregard basic phone technology that has been around for decades. Especially when it's so VITALLY important to some users. The Asus agent said it was an "inconvenience", no the lack of wireless charging on the pro is an inconvenience. Unless you have a constant mobile signal, this completely takes away the phone aspect and makes it UNUSABLE. Are you reading this ASUS? UNUSABLE! I'm going to have to send this phone back all because your engineers deemed this a non-essential function. A $1300 phone with no Wifi Calling... Seriously guys, great job discriminating against literally every person out there that lives in a rural area.

View post
If you still not return the phone
Write the code in asus dialer then nothing happened
Thrn go to settings of the sim you shood see volte vowifi
#*#3642623344#*#
asus also not support Israel volte by default! Only after the code

FunBike31
Community Legend I
It is not a permanent solution and does not work with certain operators or works 12/24h with others then stop
Orange worked once 24h
Free the function is active but the phone does not take it into account, uses the sim
Is not retained after a shutdown.
The correct code is *#*#3642623344#*#*
It unlocks the VoLTE/VoWifi function on all telephone brands, a Google search with this single keyword code returns 99% of results associated with the ASUS brand, this result is relevant, it highlights that almost only ASUS users don't have VoLTE/VoWIFI.
@Ashenae Not related to ROG games series, it's same for all ASUS phones from ZF2 to ZF9

Ashenae
Star II
FunBike31

It is not a permanent solution and does not work with certain operators or works 12/24h with others then stop

Orange worked once 24h

Free the function is active but the phone does not take it into account, uses the sim

Is not retained after a shutdown.

The correct code is *#*#3642623344#*#*

It unlocks the VoLTE/VoWifi function on all telephone brands, a Google search with this single keyword code returns 99% of results associated with the ASUS brand, this result is relevant, it highlights that almost only ASUS users don't have VoLTE/VoWIFI.

@Ashenae Not related to ROG games series, it's same for all ASUS phones from ZF2 to ZF9

View post
Thanks but I'm just going to return the phone. Even if it works it sounds unreliable and I really need it to work 90% of the time due to my location. I really hope Asus starts paying attention and gets this fixed for their series. I don't know if it's a hardware, firmware, or network issue at this point but Asus really should take this seriously. I can't be the only one not using their product solely for this reason.

rodm300
Star I
I also live in an area with limited to no signal from T-mobile signal and also depend on Wi-Fi calling. I thought I had seen the option on the phone but I guess I was wrong. I have a Asus Rock 5S and can't use the phone feature. The phone was a gift and I can't return it so it makes it a very expensive phone for games and texting but not as an actual phone. I agree that as it should take this more seriously and should add the feature to the folds as a standard considering that people do travel and go to places where their carrier may not have service.

rodm300
Star I
Asus Rog 5s not rock 5s. Talk to text issue