This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space edition heating, sleep/hibernate not working and auto login for the first power up.

bmcalex
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX5401ZAS Space edition
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: The laptop gets hot when I choose sleep mode or hibernate on both battery and plugin.
I tried to stop all unnecessary service including all ASUS service but no avail.
Actually sleep and hibernate is simply fake as the HDD LED still has activity and when I open the laptop lid it is instantly on even on hibernate.

Also when I power on the laptop for the very first time it login automatically to Windows although I have a finger print and a PIN password. This is a serious problem for me and it never happened with any laptop I had before.
I regret buying Zenbook space edition over the Apple M2 or even M1 mac.
I switched back to my old MacBook pro laptop till these issues are fixed or get rid of the laptop anytime soon.
21 REPLIES 21

Falcon_ASUS
bmcalex

Th

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/231770#Comment_231770

Thanks.

I am not sure if I can 😞

I bought it from UAE almost two months ago and returned back to Egypt.

I doubt ASUS has any technical support here in Egypt.

I will see what I can do, but I am sure I regret buying it over the MacBook Pro very badly.

View post
@bmcalex
Is your laptop connected to any external device? For example, a Bluetooth device.
Does the problem improve if these devices are disconnected?
If the problem persists, I may suggest you to back up your data and restore your system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

bmcalex
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
No external devices is connected to my laptop.
I will see if I can restore my system or not as I probably will use my old MacBook pro.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
Did you try to upgrade to 22H2?
I did it. Some erros only occurred.
The main issue came from the fact that windows 11 22h2 could not handle IRST version 18.
After doing a clean installation, I arrived to find the cause of the issue. I downloaded the newest version for IRST from Intel web site. After that, windows 11 22H2 was successfully installed.

bmcalex
Star I
FongPoui

Did you try to upgrade to 22H2?

I did it. Some erros only occurred.

The main issue came from the fact that windows 11 22h2 could not handle IRST version 18.

After doing a clean installation, I arrived to find the cause of the issue. I downloaded the newest version for IRST from Intel web site. After that, windows 11 22H2 was successfully installed.

View post
I am on 22H2 right now and still same issues!

FongPoui
Rising Star II
Return it back to Asus should be the best solution.
If you are under warranty I think Asus should ask to his technical team to dissambly it before replacing your unit by a new one.