Roystoys
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I know the Asus Two year policy and as the Z 7 was released in September 20 I can wear no more OS updates, a bit keen if you ask me but anyway, because the two years have elapsed, just, but.. the last security patch we have is for July 22 .
What's up with that?

10 REPLIES 10

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
time to unlock bootloader and install omnirom.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Nah I only use this phone to take photos of deliveries but I do love this phone so come on Asus chop chop 🥩

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have never kept a phone for more than 12 to 18 months so this is all new to me. What do people do with them now, apart from unlocking the boot loader, at least I can give this one extra life by using it for POD,s but what does everyone else do? Use them with an expired security patch?? Throw them out??

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

I have never kept a phone for more than 12 to 18 months so this is all new to me. What do people do with them now, apart from unlocking the boot loader, at least I can give this one extra life by using it for POD,s but what does everyone else do? Use them with an expired security patch?? Throw them out??

View post
You should be fine for a while unless something big comes like this:
Qualcomm vulnerability impacts nearly 40% of all mobile phones
The google play updates cover most vulnurabilities.