cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 recording issue with Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card

ehunt22
Star III
Hi,
When I connect my Rog 3 to my laptop using the Asus tuf cu4k30, i get a message on the phone screen that refresh rate is restricted to 60 hz
Based on some research and asking around, it seems this is because the Rog 3 is limited to RGB colorspace
If it can run in YUV colorspace, we would be able to get higher refresh rates while recording
Request moderators to please check with dev team to check for a solution to enable this
@Mattias_ASUS please help with this
45 REPLIES 45

ehunt22
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/230222#Comment_230222

Makes no difference. WIthout custom kernel it's not possible to do 120hz.

I like the entusiam tho, maybe you can find a way, so keep digging.

View post
That's the intention, highlight the issue and hope that the moderators can ask the developers for a solution that would be through official channels
A custom kernel would be something i can't make myself

ehunt22
Star III
Moderators, please check and help

ehunt22
Star III
Any updates any moderators, please 🥺 ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ehunt22

Any updates any moderators, please 🥺 ?

View post
according to a certain lying user it works just fine even tho nobody without modded kernel got it ever to work with any 240hz capture card.
Obviously 0 proof, only blabla.

HexHyte
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/236185#Comment_236185

according to a certain lying user it works just fine even tho nobody without modded kernel got it ever to work with any 240hz capture card.

Obviously 0 proof, only blabla.

View post
The "certain user" is me. I am not lying of course, don't believe this guy lol, 1080p 120hz mirroring to OBS through HDMI with Rog Phone 3 is possible and it is an actually easy thing to do when you have the right equipement.
Reach me on Twitter if you need help setting up the stream.