Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 80% of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ZenUI
========================================

Hi, I noticed that most of the times when I want to change the volume from the volume keys, holding vol up or vol down pressed, it will only adjust it by one level. I have to press it again and hold it again to make the volume move by multiple levels.

This is really frustrating because sometimes I have the media volume set high, and when something starts playing loud I want it to quickly lower the volume, and this bug requires me to press the volume key twice to modify the volume by multiple levels, instead of instantly modifying by keeping it pressed only once.
10 REPLIES 10

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Ace2099, I wasn't able to recreate the issue. Does the problem while using a specific app?
Also, we recently released a new FW. Can you check if the problem continues to prevail even after the installation of the latest update?

Ace2099
Star III
Hey @Mansi_ASUS , no, I saw this happen no matter the opened app.
Newer FW than WW_32.2040.2040.23 ? If so, I don't get any update, nor I can see newer one on Asus support page.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Ace2099!
Sorry for the confusion, I think I misread the information, the new update is meant only for the US to fix a carrier issue. However, we will look into the problem you've brought to our attention.

mumei6102
Rising Star I
It happens to me when phone is locked only. It looks similar to https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64438/problem-with-changing-volume-during-phone-call
@Mansi_ASUS Could you look at this issue, too?