Rising Star II

System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: Intel+Nvidia
========================
Detailed description:I updated my duo 14 pro to from windows 11 version 21H2 to version 22H2 nearly a week ago. I updated my Lenovo laptop from windows 11 home single language to that new version. The system information reports that now my lenovo laptop is 22H2. But for my Asus UX8402, it continue to report to that it is 21H2 version.
I rechecked several times for updating. Nothing to alert that I can update to 22H2.
Is this normal for Asus laptops with pre-installed windows 11 Home single language version 21H2?
The picture below is from my updated lenovo laptop:
windows-update-22h2-09-10-2022.png
What about the system information after updating to 22H2 for my Asus?
Please see that the new system version is still 21H2 and not 22H2 as successfully updated!!!
I would like to hear from Asus about the update policy. Do we need to wait for Asus annoucement?

update-version-22h2-09-10-2022.png

6 REPLIES 6

FongPoui
Rising Star II
All who updated your Asus from 21H2 to 22H2, can you check in your system if it is "22H2" or "21H2"?
I would like to know if Asus protect windows system update or not. If so, how to solve the problem.

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX8402ZE
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video: Intel+Nvidia

========================

Detailed description:I updated my duo 14 pro to from windows 11 version 21H2 to version 22H2 nearly a week ago. I updated my Lenovo laptop from windows 11 home single language to that new version. The system information reports that now my lenovo laptop is 22H2. But for my Asus UX8402, it continue to report to that it is 21H2 version.

I rechecked several times for updating. Nothing to alert that I can update to 22H2.

Is this normal for Asus laptops with pre-installed windows 11 Home single language version 21H2?

The picture below is from my updated lenovo laptop:

windows-update-22h2-09-10-2022.png

What about the system information after updating to 22H2 for my Asus?

Please see that the new system version is still 21H2 and not 22H2 as successfully updated!!!

I would like to hear from Asus about the update policy. Do we need to wait for Asus annoucement?

update-version-22h2-09-10-2022.png

Windows 11 version 22H2 not present in the system info after update
@FongPoui
Will the situation improve if you go back to the previous version first and then update the system again?
[Windows 11/10] How to go back to the previous version of Windows | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@Falcon_ASUS
I did a restore drive with windows 11 version 21H2. But I never did have any experience for restoring from that restore drive.
Should I try that?
I am just curious that the update looked ok, without any uncompatible drivers. But the new windows system continue to report it is a 21H2 version.
More surprised, because the windows update didn't anymore alert me for the update to 22H2...

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@Falcon_ASUS
After reading this info, I will use the choice 3...
Hope it will alert me that my system is 22H2!!!
How to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 - Pureinfotech