This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add VoWifi WiFi calling feature for India [Threads Merged]

paras0710
Rising Star II
As Jio and Airtel now have wifi calling in india and soon Vodafone will also implement Wifi calling its time that Asus will add this feature in future updates.
72 REPLIES 72

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's software. There are two ways for ASUS to enable it. Unsupported enable which can cause all kinds of issues or enabling it with the carriers support to make sure everything works and this is the hard part because it requires an effort from their side (as well as ours). Field testing needs to be done and documents needs to be signed.
Some manufacturers have chosen that they are willing to take the risk and all complaints that may follow when it's not working. So far, ASUS had decided against this approach.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Currently there are no plans, but as I've said before regarding both VoLTE and WiFI Calling, it might change.

cobben
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

Currently there are no plans, but as I've said before regarding both VoLTE and WiFI Calling, it might change.

View post

I know that some people in Sweden must have functional wifi calling at work, how widespread the need is I have no idea.
Personally it is not important.

hillmnbvexs
Star II
Anders_ASUS

It's software. There are two ways for ASUS to enable it. Unsupported enable which can cause all kinds of issues or enabling it with the carriers support to make sure everything works and this is the hard part because it requires an effort from their side (as well as ours). Field testing needs to be done and documents needs to be signed.

Some manufacturers have chosen that they are willing to take the risk and all complaints that may follow when it's not working. So far, ASUS had decided against this approach.

View post
Is it possible to get it enabled even with the bugs? I'll take it working sometimes rather than not have it at all.
I figured it had something to do with working with carriers.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Our team has used this argument more than once when we send our feedback to the decision makers, but they still persist on not allowing it. Maybe with time, they will change their mind.