This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static white line over taskbar on Windows 11 22H2 and OLED screen

destel
Star III
System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 10.0.22621, Version 22H2, Installed on 29/9/2022, OS build 22621.521, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0, Firmware Release data 20220427, Firmware Version M3500QA.308
Model: Vivobook Pro 15 OLED M3500
Frequency of occurrence: Always, except when an app is on Full Screen.
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Screenshot of white line over taskbar attached.
========================
Detailed description:
Hello.
I just upgraded from Windows 11 21H2 to 22H2.
There is a precarious white line over the edge of the taskbar, that I fear is a serious risk for burn-in.
screenshot-2022-09-29-012629.png
I was able to mitigate this problem in the previous Windows 11 version, by installing the app TranslucentTB. After the upgrade, TranslucentTB can't make the white line translucent anymore.
The MyAsus app already has options to "Automatically hide the taskbar" and for "Windows taskbar transparency". I have those enabled. But the white line persists.
I have also given Feedback to Microsoft via FeedbackHub.
Would it be possible for Asus to develop a solution software-wise, so that the taskbar can be completely transparent?
Thank you.
15 REPLIES 15

Falcon_ASUS
Cyto

I have a very similar laptop model running the same version of windows, and have encountered the same issue as mentioned above. Updating the VGA driver to the above comment's version did not resolve the issue. 3rd party software to modify the taskbar also has been ineffective.

View post
@Cyto
May I know which laptop model you are using?
What are the BIOS version, system version and graphics card driver version you are currently using?
Could you please provide me with a picture of the problem you are having?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Cyto
Star II
Hi @Falcon_ASUS ,

Please see the below full details:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language
Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: Vivobook_ASUSLaptop M7400QE_M7400QE
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics, 3201 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product: M7400QE
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends International, LLC. M7400QE.305, 2021/08/25
Graphics Card and Driver: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU; Driver version 31.0.15.1748; 2022/09/21
Integrated Graphics (as listed in device manager): AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics; Driver version 30.0.13044.3001; 2021/12/23
Integrated Graphics (as listed in Radeon Software): Driver version: 21.30.44.03-211223a-375185C-Asus
Image of the desktop, showing a thin single pixel white line despite the windows 11 taskbar being hidden, attached.

3dmikee
Rising Star I
Guys, this taskbar line is nothing more than a design solution, it is always there. It's less noticeable when using the dark theme, and I don't like it either. All that remains for us is to write feedback to Microsoft hoping that they will ever hide it

Falcon_ASUS
Cyto

Hi @Falcon_ASUS ,

Please see the below full details:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language

Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model: Vivobook_ASUSLaptop M7400QE_M7400QE

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics, 3201 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product: M7400QE

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends International, LLC. M7400QE.305, 2021/08/25

Graphics Card and Driver: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU; Driver version 31.0.15.1748; 2022/09/21

Integrated Graphics (as listed in device manager): AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics; Driver version 30.0.13044.3001; 2021/12/23

Integrated Graphics (as listed in Radeon Software): Driver version: 21.30.44.03-211223a-375185C-Asus

Image of the desktop, showing a thin single pixel white line despite the windows 11 taskbar being hidden, attached.

picture1.png

View post
@Cyto
"Image of the desktop, showing a thin single pixel white line despite the windows 11 taskbar being hidden, attached."
>>Sorry, I can't see the line clearly, can you help me mark it?

destel
Star III
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232398#Comment_232398

@Cyto

"Image of the desktop, showing a thin single pixel white line despite the windows 11 taskbar being hidden, attached."

>>Sorry, I can't see the line clearly, can you help me mark it?

View post
The line is visible. It is easier to pinpoint in an image of smaller scale. I just took a snapshot of the image and webpage attached by @Cyto to help out (I hope that is okay for me to do):
web-capture-20-10-2022-134425-us-v-cdn-net.jpeg
The thin white line below the black background is clearly visible and it is always there, lining the edge of the taskbar (unless an app is using fullscreen mode).
3dmikee

Guys, this taskbar line is nothing more than a design solution, it is always there. It's less noticeable when using the dark theme, and I don't like it either. All that remains for us is to write feedback to Microsoft hoping that they will ever hide it

View post
I realize it is a Windows 11 22H2 feature, but it used to not exist in previous Windows versions (I've got the screenshots to prove it). I'm assuming the added the line as an aesthetic decision, but they have to take into account its functionality and possible damages such an aesthetic decision can cause (which obviously they didn't). I also realize that ASUS is not responsible for Microsoft's product design. But perhaps ASUS could provide a temporary software solution (that could turn the taskbar as it was in the previous Windows 11 version, namely 22H1) or as an OLED laptop provider maybe ASUS could raise this issue with its Microsoft partners.
In any case, I wanted to make the community aware of this change in design and its possible risks. I've already opened an issue on FeedbackHub (I can't post the share link, but you can find it under this title "White line above taskbar in Windows 11 22H2 - OLED laptop screen" under the Collection titled "Don't like the border on top of the taskbar in Windows 11, even since the bug extending it over system tray was fixed"). If you want, you can upvote the Problem and the Suggestion. Thank you.