This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up on my Zenfone 9

darklajid
Star III
I know this isn't the best place to share this, but maybe someone is browsing this board not as a fan and owner, but as a prospective buyer. For these people I want to share the following:
The Zenfone 9 has an amazing form factor, great battery life and a mostly uncluttered (free of bloat) version of Android.
Unfortunately, it's also very very slow (my old Pixel 4A is smoother and we had 5, 6 and now 7 in that series since). The Zenfone 9 stutters, randomly hangs a lot. The second SIM tray never worked okay (I created a thread on this board for this, another user reported the same issue. No follow-up or solution, thread is closed due to inactivity). GPay doesn't work properly for me in some scenarios (and no, it's not my account or card or whatever). Asus did follow up here, but it lead nowhere in the end.
So the phone cannot do the daily tasks I need it for (use my second SIM and/or pay for public transport) and feels more sluggish than a device that is quite a few years older. I'll switch back and just got a screen replacement for the 4A instead.
People that are on the fence about getting this phone: I suggest a hands-on session first. It might be a great device for you or it might not be a good fit - like for me.
34 REPLIES 34

ArjanB
Star III
Sounds to me like a faulty device, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this phone !
2 simcards work perfectly here, no speed loss or stutters. Just pure speed !
In comparison with my other phone(s) in the family it is the fastest ever. (compared to a Sony Experia iv and Motorola 30 Pro).
It just keeps going and never gets very hot, not even under stress.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
ArjanB

Sounds to me like a faulty device, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this phone !

2 simcards work perfectly here, no speed loss or stutters. Just pure speed !

In comparison with my other phone(s) in the family it is the fastest ever. (compared to a Sony Experia iv and Motorola 30 Pro).

It just keeps going and never gets very hot, not even under stress.

View post
I think you mean "There's nothing wrong with YOUR phone" !!, you can't speak for anyone else, if everyone had the same opinion as you there there would be no threads on this forum ,but, last time I looked there are numerous threads quoting different issues.

paweldejko
Star III
martinparker28

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232068#Comment_232068

I think you mean "There's nothing wrong with YOUR phone" !!, you can't speak for anyone else, if everyone had the same opinion as you there there would be no threads on this forum ,but, last time I looked there are numerous threads quoting different issues.

View post
So why set up a thread telling everyone that the phone is down when only some people are down? I have this phone and I do not confirm any of the problems indicated by the author of the topic.

martinparker28
Rising Star II
paweldejko

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/232072#Comment_232072

So why set up a thread telling everyone that the phone is down when only some people are down? I have this phone and I do not confirm any of the problems indicated by the author of the topic.

View post
I suggest you read his whole post because as far as I can see he suggests people try the phone if possible before they buy, I certainly don't object to new posts like this as it gives people an insight to products before they buy.