This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone service or wifi calling.

sipahi061
Star III
As I mentioned before and no one cared to responded to. I was sold the global version even though the seller said it was the US version. I use T-Mobile. After update 32.2040.2040.23 my phone does not have any cell service and wifi calling doesn't work. Is there anything that can be done. When my phone was running on 32.2030.2030.26 it was working great, I had phone service and wifi calling. Whatever mobile data and wifi calling settings were changed for the update, made it impossible to use the global version in the US. I have contacted the seller about returning my phone but they aren't responding. I purchased the phone using Asus website which linked to Amazon. Why wouldn't Asus sell the phone directly from their website ? why would they sell it through a third party website allowing for people to get scammed ? And now no one is helping out with this and customer service is absolutely clueless and unwilling to do anything.
6 REPLIES 6

mickey10021
Rising Star II
A new firmware was released today with updated APN list. Can you check if it fixed for you?
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64545/221005-zenfone-9-ww-32-2040-2040-28#latest

keren_ASUS
Hello @sipahi061
I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your ZF9. Is the cell service and wifi calling working now with the latest update?
Our only authorized sellers are Advance Mobile and ASUS. (*updated info).
Can you send me a DM with the SN of your device and the link from where you purchased? Thank you!

sipahi061
Star III
screenshot-20221005-225228-phone.jpg
@keren_ASUS I downloaded the new firmware released today 2040.2040.28 it seems like the cell service is a little better but still no wifi calling. It appears that the phone doesn't have wifi calling by default and only after entering *#*#3642623344#*#* in the keypad, wifi calling appears in the settings but it still doesn't work, I've disabled and reenabled wifi calling through my carrier, reset the phone, took the simcard out still no wifi calling. I couldn't figure out how to DM you but my my IMEI is 351694450141192 and when I try to post a link to this comment it says I'm too new to post a link to the comments.

cilsoe
Star III
sipahi061

screenshot-20221005-225228-phone.jpg

@keren_ASUS I downloaded the new firmware released today 2040.2040.28 it seems like the cell service is a little better but still no wifi calling. It appears that the phone doesn't have wifi calling by default and only after entering *#*#3642623344#*#* in the keypad, wifi calling appears in the settings but it still doesn't work, I've disabled and reenabled wifi calling through my carrier, reset the phone, took the simcard out still no wifi calling. I couldn't figure out how to DM you but my my IMEI is 351694450141192 and when I try to post a link to this comment it says I'm too new to post a link to the comments.

View post
Where did you find 2040.2040.28?