This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone8 crashing regularly on phone calls

micktion
Star I
My Zenfone 8 is crashing regularly when making phone calls.
Android version is 12
Patch level 5th August 2022
There's a screen shot of the software version.
I've had VoLTE enabled, I'll try disabling that to see if that makes any difference.
In any case a phone should NOT crash during a phone conversation.
This is a pretty serious issue for a phone to have, for example should it crash during an emergency call the consequences could be catastrophic and life threatening, rather than just extremely annoying.
image.png

17 REPLIES 17

keren_ASUS
Hi @micktion
We're sorry to hear about this and understand this can be a bit frustrating. Can you let me know if this began when you updated your device?

micktion
Star I
I believe it started after a recent system update a month back.
Although, I've also been troubleshooting 5G connectivity issues, I did play around with the network settings trying to troubleshoot that issue. I think I switched on voLTE when it wasn't activated before, Since switching off voLTE I haven't had too many conversations, but it hasn't crashed, so perhaps that is it.
Within the next few years voLTE may be required to make phone calls, so if it's broken you'll need to fix it.

keren_ASUS
Thank you for the update! Can you let me know what carrier you're using??

justmrsimon
Star II
Mine does the same, randomly crashing during calls, this only happens when using VoLTE.
I also get a random click sound now and then, also only while using VoLTE.
I'm on the latest firmware, and using Telstra in Australia. I can't troubleshoot anything right now as my phone turned off this morning and is unresponsive.