Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications on Always-on Panel?

hedlnd
Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: no
Hi. This is my first ASUS phone and I'm overall pleased, but I have a small but very annoying problem. I always use silent mode with vibration, and I feel like there is some settings missing for the Always-on Panel. I would like the screen to light up and stay so until I see that I have new notifications. As it is now, it lights up only for a few seconds and then it turns black. And it also doesn't light up very well. In daylight, it looks dimmed. It only lights up properly if I hold it right under a lamp.
Phones nowadays doesn't seem to have the flashing led light anymore, but having the screen light up is a good replacement. Why is there no option for this?

3 REPLIES 3

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @hedlnd, Glad to know that you are happy with your Zenfone 9 purchase. I've forwarded your suggestion to the team.
Now, as for the lack of such a feature, the reason is that if the screen lights up for a longer duration, it will severely affect the battery life of your phone. However, you can probably try adjusting the brightness of your phone to Adaptive brightness, it may help resolve the dimness issue that you experience in daylight.

hedlnd
Star I
Thanks.
Ok, perhaps having the whole screen light up for an unlimited time is stupid. But I would like to have some different options, like 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min etc. And after that, maybe just the icon itself could stay on the otherwise black screen? For example the facebook messenger icon could stay on the screen for longer?
For the brightness issue, I mean only when I get an notification, no problem otherwise. Adaptive brightness is activated 🙂 It's when the always-on panel lights up when I recieve a message for example, the screen is really dark and most of the time I don't notice it before the screen goes black again.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.