System: ChromeOS
Battery or AC: Doesn't matter
Model: C536E
Frequency of occurrence: every few minutes when watching video
Reset OS: ?
Screenshot or video: N/A
========================
Detailed description:
When I watch video, like YouTube or streaming TV I periodically hear the audio go from stereo to one channel only. So all the sound is coming out of left or right speaker. Then a second or so later it goes back to stereo.
It's been happening since I first started using the Chromebook. I waited for a few OS updates in case it was a temporary glitch but no luck, 10 weeks later it is still happening.
I found another person online who had the same problem with his cx5500 flipbook.
Is there a known bug I can track for a fix? Is this a hardware flaw or a firmware flaw that might get fixed? It is super annoying when I'm trying to use this as an entertainment laptop. I wouldn't mind too much if it just went to mono and played the same out of both sides, but having only one speaker working greatly reduces the volume making it hard to hear in some situations - plus it is really noticeable every minute or two.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
SimonW
  1. System: ChromeOS
  2. Battery or AC: Doesn't matter
  3. Model: C536E
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every few minutes when watching video
  5. Reset OS: ?
  6. Screenshot or video: N/A

========================

Detailed description:

When I watch video, like YouTube or streaming TV I periodically hear the audio go from stereo to one channel only. So all the sound is coming out of left or right speaker. Then a second or so later it goes back to stereo.

It's been happening since I first started using the Chromebook. I waited for a few OS updates in case it was a temporary glitch but no luck, 10 weeks later it is still happening.

I found another person online who had the same problem with his cx5500 flipbook.

Is there a known bug I can track for a fix? Is this a hardware flaw or a firmware flaw that might get fixed? It is super annoying when I'm trying to use this as an entertainment laptop. I wouldn't mind too much if it just went to mono and played the same out of both sides, but having only one speaker working greatly reduces the volume making it hard to hear in some situations - plus it is really noticeable every minute or two.

Audio periodically goes to only one speaker for a second or two
@SimonW
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Turbonetics
Star III
Have you tried to use headphones? If so, plz post is problem exists in headsets too

According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: