This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix photo oversharpening and overprocessing with GCam.

scopulo
Star II
Dear Asus mods,
could you please forward following video to your colleagues in Camera/Development department?
[insert youtube site, because I cannot post links]/watch?v=nupkELMJck4
It should be mandatory for them to watch every morning in work, because the guy says it all. Maybe they can inspire themselves a bit then with the GCam performance 😉
Also, maybe this video will be a opinion changer for someone to go for a Zenfone 9 buy, as it was for me. The photo quality of ASUS camera app didn't convice me originally.
Thank you and have a nice day.
17 REPLIES 17

ACH_
Star III
Even with the latest firmware, I'm experiencing this massive oversharpening/denoising ruining some pictures. Zenfone 8 was better in this respect

progbert
Star II
Made a group photo a couple of weeks ago. You can see that we have a good sensor in the phone but the over sharpening makes the photo not that pleasant for the eye if you're looking at the details.
I really wish the team could solve this and use GCAM as a great example

ACH_
Star III
It would be good to hear if there are plans to change the processing of images from the camera? I can get great shots if I edit from RAW but that's not what I use my phone for generally. If nothing I might actually go back to my 8 and return the 9...

There's another good review explaining the issues in text form at digital camera world, though the youtube reviewer does a great job too

scopulo
Star II
ACH_

It would be good to hear if there are plans to change the processing of images from the camera? I can get great shots if I edit from RAW but that's not what I use my phone for generally. If nothing I might actually go back to my 8 and return the 9...

There's another good review explaining the issues in text form at digital camera world, though the youtube reviewer does a great job too

View post
Could you please post link, or 'something like link' for the review?
I am thinking about returning as well. I still haven't found any ASUS mod/representative comment on the oversharpening and possible fix.
Maybe I'll wait if Pixel 7 mini rumour is confirmed, or if flat-display small Xiaomi 13 is confirmed... If my old cracked P20 would be willing to stay with me that long 🙂

ACH_
Star III