This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU driver update?

Razgriz
Rising Star II
Iirc, this phone only got 1 gpu driver update via firmware update (i forgot which one)..
But i read somewhere, there is newer adreno 650 gpu driver with better performance which is we dont get until now..
Ofc i want to update it too, but as i know it require root n i wont do it..
There is adreno tools for rootless method, but i dont understand how to use it too..
Cmiiw..im not tech savvy btw..maybe that update is not worth it or else, idk..
6 REPLIES 6

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
correct, the newest driver improve performance by a ton and improves especially on frametimes making the experience much better.

willjoe2442
Star III
Open your GPU's control panel and look for an option called “Driver” or “Drivers”. Here, you should see the version number of your current driver as well as the option to update it. If there's an update available, click the “Update” button and follow the prompts to install it

Regards,
Will

Razgriz
Rising Star II
willjoe2442

Open your GPU's control panel and look for an option called “Driver” or “Drivers”. Here, you should see the version number of your current driver as well as the option to update it. If there's an update available, click the “Update” button and follow the prompts to install it

Regards,

Will

View post
Sorry for asking, but where is gpu control panel?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Razgriz

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/230612#Comment_230612

Sorry for asking, but where is gpu control panel?

View post
Nevermind, it's a bored jerk or a boot, all the answers come from faq sites and generic android help sites, of course 99 times out of 100 the answer is off the mark