This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay?

fedojm
Star II
Just got my phone. It's amazing. But I'm a frequent user of NFC transactions, and the google pay app thinks I'm using a rooted device. It won't let me add my card at all. Is there a software glitch causing this?
12 REPLIES 12

fedojm
Star II
LP_ASUS

Any chance you saw this?

From the app website: "Dear users, please note that if you see "Failed" result and in details "Safety Net Request:fail (can't access Google Play Services)" it means that the daily quota of the api request has been reached. Do not interpret the result as a device as not passing the test"

My recommendation is to verify you are running the most up to date firmware and/or reboot your device and check again. If the issue persists we can log your phone to find out why your device is having issues.

View post
??
You might be right. I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

ntoney81
Star II
This is happening to me as well.

michelangalo
Star III
ntoney81

This is happening to me as well.

View post
The issue might be your google account is out of Sync.
Try these steps
Delete your payment profile from google pay from a chrome browser on desktop.
Check if its deleted from the Phone as well after the above step. (sometimes it does not get deleted from one platform and due to the sync it appears again)
After the above two steps create a new payment profile using the Desktop chrome browser.
Sync your google profile on the phone by going to settings.
Try now if the NFC works.
Post the update if the other steps worked.

ntoney81
Star II
Apparently the issue is that my device is not Google Play certified. Do you know why this is the case? I just got this phone today.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Try long press google play -> press app info icon -> storage & memory -> clear storage.
If that doesn't do anything, 1 remove your google account 2 disable the google play app and enable it again (this will reinstall the app)
If you phone says Tencent on the back, then this is the issue. It's a chinese version of ROG Phone 2 and not Google compatible