vasilnvalchev
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 2030
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Greeting!
Since display supports always on you could add notification dot with some configurability for color and apps
11 REPLIES 11

I registered on this forum just to suggest that - a blinking dot of some kind would be perfect.
I'd like to add that dot would appear in random places to prevent AMOLED burn-in. Something like raid drop effect or just slowly fade-in fade-out effect would be enough.

Kazionator
Star III
Yes! I would love that function!

esp2002
Rising Star I
@Snoring_Penguin, great suggestion. I agree with your idea.

paweldejko
Star III
StealthRequiem

I've found a useful app that replaces the LED with a highly configurable on-screen dot, called NotifyBuddy.

It's a bit fiddly to set up with permissions and battery settings, and I decided I needed to buy premium to test it properly, but now I have it running I'm impressed.

It doesn't seem to use much battery, less than phone idle and Android system, and is more or less invisible once it's running.

View post
In my case, Notifybuddy did not inform about incoming SMS messages, and each notification was accompanied by a missed call notification. Ultimately, I used the LED Blinker application which does not cause such problems.
The LED emulation could also be replaced by extending the AoD functionality in such a way that after receiving a defined notification, the screen would remain active until a manual response or for a time defined by the user.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
paweldejko

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/227203#Comment_227203

In my case, Notifybuddy did not inform about incoming SMS messages, and each notification was accompanied by a missed call notification. Ultimately, I used the LED Blinker application which does not cause such problems.

The LED emulation could also be replaced by extending the AoD functionality in such a way that after receiving a defined notification, the screen would remain active until a manual response or for a time defined by the user.

View post
Yes I think using AOD is the best solution. NotifyBuddy is an overlay rather than AOD. But I liked being able to use the app icons as dots.
I was able to receive SMS notifications, - Messages is in the System list rather than the User list. Did you have this list and enabled notifications for the SMS app?