Rising Star II
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:While installing MFS stardard editiion into an external SSD, windows was freezing and I had to make a hard reset (keep pressing on Power button for 40 seconds). That external SSD was removed by windows.

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
FongPoui
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX8402ZE
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:While installing MFS stardard editiion into an external SSD, windows was freezing and I had to make a hard reset (keep pressing on Power button for 40 seconds). That external SSD was removed by windows.

UX8402ZE Freezing while installing Microsoft Flight Simulator
@FongPoui
Could you please first find out whether the program can be installed on the SSD of the laptop itself normally? Since you are installing the application on the external SSD and the problem occurs, I would recommend you to exchange the test to rule out whether it is caused by the fault of the external device or cable. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@Falcon_ASUS
Finally, the installation was successful. I installed it on another 4TB SSD (WD).
I enjoy the flight VR mode. It's a pity that the model UX8402ZE limits the memory at 16GB. This should extend to at least 32GB.

techguy150
Star II
One common solution requires a restart of the title. Closing and re-opening the program may lose current download progress, but it can be a quick fix to alleviate hang-ups and get back on track.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.