Did you mean: 

Zenbook flip - Bluetooth not working - error code 52 - help needed

jeromedevosse
Star I
System: Windows 10 64 bits
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX360UAK
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: didn't reinitate windows because it was installed by default and I don't know where is the key
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
My bluetooth doesn't work.
When i open bluetooth manager, I don't have the button activate / desactivate (same from control panel)
In device manager it is written as not working - error code 52.
I did update the driver with Asus website, restart my computers various time
I did try to update the bios with WinFlash from Asus website, it said my bios is last version and didn't let me.
Because from months I cannot update my windows, I got each time an error saying that the update could not happen and modification are rolled back. I checked online and erased those files in:
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
Today I have two problems:
Major: Bluetooth doesn't work.
Minor: Windows doesn't update

Thank for your help

10 REPLIES 10

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@jeromedevosse
Due to several problems from zentalk I had read, I decided to create a restore drive (backup drive) for my laptop. It takes about 14GB for a portable usb drive. I must do that because I have several purchased softwares that I would like to avoid to reinstall it and loose some basic settings.
It helps...

techguy150
Star II
The error message indicates that Windows cannot verify the digital signature required for the drivers. It is caused by a recent hardware or software change.

antoniosgrift
Star II
Method 1: Delete the USB Upper Filter and Lower Filter entries (only applies if the problematic devices are the USB drivers)
There are two registry entries known as UpperFilters and LowerFilters, that can cause this kind of issues, and oftentimes deleting them is the way to solving them. Note, however, that editing your registry can cause a lot of problems if done incorrectly, so check twice before proceeding with each step of the method.

Press simultaneously the Windows and R keys on your keyboard. Type in regedit in the Run dialogue window, and press If you get a UAC prompt, accept it.
In the Registry Editor, use the left side navigation pane to navigate to the following folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Find the UpperFilters and LowerFilters Select one, from the Edit menu of the top toolbar select Delete and click OK. Repeat the process for the other value.
Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.

At this point, you have three possible solutions for your problem. However, not each one can be used in all situations, so it is advised that you read through all of them and see which one fits your situation best.

Regards,
Peter

FongPoui
Rising Star II
I have read that the error could be caused by the fact that another bluetooth model share the same hardware...
Intel Wireless Bluetooth installed in Samsung computer and got a trouble.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-error-code-52/6794e9f0-f704-47d3-84e...

petergroft29
Star II
Delete the USB Upper Filter and Lower Filter entries (only applies if the problematic devices are the USB drivers)
There are two registry entries known as UpperFilters and LowerFilters, that can cause this kind of issues, and oftentimes deleting them is the way to solving them. Note, however, that editing your registry can cause a lot of problems if done incorrectly, so check twice before proceeding with each step of the method.

- Press simultaneously the Windows and R keys on your keyboard. Type in regedit in the Run dialogue window, and press If you get a UAC prompt, accept it.
- In the Registry Editor, use the left side navigation pane to navigate to the following folder:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
- Find the UpperFilters and LowerFilters Select one, from the Edit menu of the top toolbar select Delete and click OK. Repeat the process for the other value.
- Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.
At this point, you have three possible solutions for your problem. However, not each one can be used in all situations, so it is advised that you read through all of them and see which one fits your situation best.
Regards,
Peter