System: Zenbook S 13 OLED
Battery or AC: N/A
Model: UM5302
Frequency of occurrence: N/A
Reset OS: N/A
Screenshot or video: youtube.com/watch?v=LCgC0WZp_X0
========================
Detailed description:
I am someone who recently bought this device and was wondering about USB4 support and timeline?
I am fully aware that ASUS doesn't mention USB4 support on their website but it seemed like USB4 support was planned (Unsure if information was provided to them by AMD or ASUS). Then the pcworld video was released showing that USB4 works on the Zenbook S 13 OLED because thunderbolt 3 and 4 devices worked as well as an eGPU. We can also see this from some reviewers and other review websites and even some retailers such as hothardware.com, notebookcheck.net and others that ASUS would bring USB4 support later in the year. The pcworld video confirmed that indeed the Zenbook S 13 OLED can support USB4 but needs to be enabled/implemented in bios even though the bios here seems to have been provided by AMD and not ASUS, AMD even has a public USB4 chipset driver on their website and the Ryzen 6800u supports USB4. The only thing USB4 needs is bios support as the ports are fast enough for USB4, has the wiring, support display port and PD.
I also noticed on the support website for the Zenbook S 13 OLED that bios updates seemed to be stalled as a new bios is usually released about once a month.
Then i saw asus.com/support/article/1131.
Does this mean ASUS has abandoned USB4 for this device ?
If not is ASUS still planning to bring USB4 support to this device ?
Is there any timeline for USB4 ?
Does ASUS have the so called beta bios that brings USB4 and if so can they release/implement it and when ?
Can We request for USB4 support to be implemented as it can function if it isn't being worked on already ?
Can we get this bios beta from AMD even knowing the risk of it being a beta bios ?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
AeolusOne
  1. System: Zenbook S 13 OLED
  2. Battery or AC: N/A
  3. Model: UM5302
  4. Frequency of occurrence: N/A
  5. Reset OS: N/A
  6. Screenshot or video: youtube.com/watch?v=LCgC0WZp_X0

========================

Detailed description:

I am someone who recently bought this device and was wondering about USB4 support and timeline?

I am fully aware that ASUS doesn't mention USB4 support on their website but it seemed like USB4 support was planned (Unsure if information was provided to them by AMD or ASUS). Then the pcworld video was released showing that USB4 works on the Zenbook S 13 OLED because thunderbolt 3 and 4 devices worked as well as an eGPU. We can also see this from some reviewers and other review websites and even some retailers such as hothardware.com, notebookcheck.net and others that ASUS would bring USB4 support later in the year. The pcworld video confirmed that indeed the Zenbook S 13 OLED can support USB4 but needs to be enabled/implemented in bios even though the bios here seems to have been provided by AMD and not ASUS, AMD even has a public USB4 chipset driver on their website and the Ryzen 6800u supports USB4. The only thing USB4 needs is bios support as the ports are fast enough for USB4, has the wiring, support display port and PD.

I also noticed on the support website for the Zenbook S 13 OLED that bios updates seemed to be stalled as a new bios is usually released about once a month.

Then i saw asus.com/support/article/1131.

Does this mean ASUS has abandoned USB4 for this device ?

If not is ASUS still planning to bring USB4 support to this device ?

Is there any timeline for USB4 ?

Does ASUS have the so called beta bios that brings USB4 and if so can they release/implement it and when ?

Can We request for USB4 support to be implemented as it can function if it isn't being worked on already ?

Can we get this bios beta from AMD even knowing the risk of it being a beta bios ?

USB4 Support ?
@AeolusOne
Please refer to my reply here.
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223672#Comment_223672

@Blueskull

As this video is not provided by ASUS, we may not be able to assure you that its content is correct.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.