This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to unplug and re plug in HDMI to Dual screen every time! Any solutions?

oconnor777
Star I
Hi, I have a TUF FX505DV, NVIDIA RTX 2060 LAPTOP and everytime I return to my laptop I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable to my Samsung Monitor.
It is rather annoying. It's like it can't be detected unless the HDMI is plugged in again.
Even if I leave the laptop on, if the laptop goes in sleep mode it has the same effect.
If you have a solution it would save me a lot of time!
Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
oconnor777

Hi, I have a TUF FX505DV, NVIDIA RTX 2060 LAPTOP and everytime I return to my laptop I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable to my Samsung Monitor.

It is rather annoying. It's like it can't be detected unless the HDMI is plugged in again.

Even if I leave the laptop on, if the laptop goes in sleep mode it has the same effect.

If you have a solution it would save me a lot of time!

Thank you in advance.

I have to unplug and re plug in HDMI to Dual screen every time! Any solutions?
@oconnor777
Please try removing and reinstalling the graphics card driver.
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - Main (Internal) Display problem | Official Support | ASUS GlobalASUS TUF Gaming FX505DV - SupportIf the problem persists, please try to replace the HDMI cable to confirm whether it is caused by the cable failure.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.