cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 recording issue with Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card

ehunt22
Star III
Hi,
When I connect my Rog 3 to my laptop using the Asus tuf cu4k30, i get a message on the phone screen that refresh rate is restricted to 60 hz
Based on some research and asking around, it seems this is because the Rog 3 is limited to RGB colorspace
If it can run in YUV colorspace, we would be able to get higher refresh rates while recording
Request moderators to please check with dev team to check for a solution to enable this
@Mattias_ASUS please help with this
45 REPLIES 45

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ehunt22

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229412#Comment_229412

If the shopping portals would specify this, it would be great. But they usually only state 4k60 and the sort, so hopefully there is a correlation between the two

View post
4k60 is HDMI 2.0+ while 4k30 is still enough bandwidth 1080p120hz

ehunt22
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/229468#Comment_229468

4k60 is HDMI 2.0+ while 4k30 is still enough bandwidth 1080p120hz

View post
That's helpful. Based on this i should be able to eliminate the cables as the cause, as I've tried at least two different cables and unless Asus wants to say their own cu4k30 is not capable of transmitting a signal for 1080p120hz, the only thing left is the phone itself

zxops47
Rising Star I
Try this work but no charging USB C to DisplayPort Adapter 8K@60Hz/4K@144Hz, CableCreation USB Type C to DP 1.4 Cable Adapter
Or you tell me name of your cable or usb hub you used. Did it USB 3.1 Gen 2 supports speeds of up to 10Gbit/s if your device is rooted try to change resolution of the app/game to 720p then try above 60hz
asd-png.png

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
zxops47

Try this work but no charging USB C to DisplayPort Adapter 8K@60Hz/4K@144Hz, CableCreation USB Type C to DP 1.4 Cable Adapter

Or you tell me name of your cable or usb hub you used. Did it USB 3.1 Gen 2 supports speeds of up to 10Gbit/s if your device is rooted try to change resolution of the app/game to 720p then try above 60hz

asd-png.png

View post
How exacly do you expect him to use a DP connector in an HDMI port?

ehunt22
Star III
zxops47

asd-png.png

View post
I have a cable creation usb c to hdmi Cable
No other hubs used
Forum not allowing to post a link do here is an image with some basic specs
croppedimage-1664165967537.png